Can't seem to get HDW2431TM-AS-S2 to fit to PFB203W wall bracket

Gilera

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
According to the Dahua website, this is the correct wall bracket for this camera, but I cannot see how any of the holes line up. The best I can seem to do is in the photo. Surely this is not right? The installation instructions just seem to show a vague picture of three screws without any detail.

Attachments

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
According to the Dahua website, this is the correct wall bracket for this camera, but I cannot see how any of the holes line up. The best I can seem to do is in the photo. Surely this is not right? The installation instructions just seem to show a vague picture of three screws without any detail.
Aren't you suppose to turn that plate and let the screws slide in the narrow part of the gap at the red circle?screw Location.jpg

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

@Gilera interesting ..

wondering if @EMPIRETECANDY has any advice on this ..

1686387662026.png

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It looks like you got a mis-drilled & tapped bracket. If those 3 holes are not exactly 120 degrees apart on a 84mm / 3.31" dia. circle, the cam's holes won't line up.
  • Does the centerline of the cam's 3 screw holes/slots coincide with that requirement?
  • Who was the vendor?

Last edited:

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
InterestingAB719270-FC26-4C82-8DAF-3E0E1CBA2F84.jpeg. The mounting scheme looks quite different from the usual setup. I cannot see the frontal tab from your photo. Usually that is the bracket attached to the wall mount (fixed screws)

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
He is doing it wrong. The piece on his picture is slid on an extra ring, that flat ring is screwed to the PFB203. Have tried, does fit. I even made a thread about it here.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I saw a picture showing this ceiling mount clamp with the HDW2431TM-AS-S2 camera. Maybe Perimeter meant this is the flat ring that is suppose to screwed to the PFB203, and then slid on the part Gilera is showing here on that ceiling mount clamp.

Camera Bracket .png

Gilera

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. So Perimeter and JD dreaming are right, the ring is required it seems and lines up with the holes but still doesn't seem to allow me to mount it the way I want, it seems. I have two cameras on opposite sides of a pole. 2.8mm that overlap slightly to give a wide view at the back of my property. The ring does have a tab which is for the front. It aligns with the three holes in one direction only. This would work for the camera on the left side but not on the right. See photos. 16864287120365739313393658592694.jpg16864287613575151705876814332977.jpg

Gilera

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If there is no way around this then I'll just drill and tap three more holes I guess. Just want to make sure I'm not missing something before I do. These mounts don't seem to be very waterproof or insect proof with all of the holes and gaps when mated to the pole mount. I do have a small cover over the installation but still. The eyeball itself is pretty well sealed though so I guess if you use the waterproof ethernet connection then it doesn't really matter if moisture and insects get inside the mount?

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If there is no way around this then I'll just drill and tap three more holes I guess. Just want to make sure I'm not missing something before I do. These mounts don't seem to be very waterproof or insect proof with all of the holes and gaps when mated to the pole mount. I do have a small cover over the installation but still. The eyeball itself is pretty well sealed though so I guess if you use the waterproof ethernet connection then it doesn't really matter if moisture and insects get inside the mount?
I have an Amcrest camera using the PFB203 mount that works in similar way, you can rotate the camera any direction and up and down you want. I don't see any problem with right or left or needed to drill more holes.

If you worry about moisture or insects, put some caulk on it.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Of course I get it now. Sorry I've only used dome cameras before. Thanks again for the help.
I'm also still learning about security cameras from other more knowledgeable forum member's here everyday. We can all learn from each other. :)

Also put some Dielectric grease on the RJ45 connection like I learned from TonyR a while back if you worry about Water moisture.