Can't turn IR on/off nor move cam with PTZ diagonal arrows with BI

DWilks

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
DAHUA MODEL SD59220T-HN just received last week. Everything works
using FireFox
but not with BI. Can't turn IR on or off with BI and also
can't move in the diagonal direction but can move left/right and up and
down. Anyone seen this problem and have a solution?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
try doing a find inspect and use the onvif profile for ptz..

DWilks

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@fenderman Thank you for replying. I had read through a post started by @djangel dated 9-30-2015 and tried
some of the tricks that he used and missed one very important step! Thanks to @dalepa near the end of that
thread when he mentioned that he used admin/admin for user and password. I, for some reason, didn't catch
that 'til this morning. You get an entirely different response when admin is the password and the find/inspect
shows model number, firmware version and much more. Glad to respond and say that my PTZ now works as it
should! Next to work on the control of the IR via Blue Iris....this could be something that needs to be changed
in the setup using a browser(I use FireFox)...have tried but so far no go. Thanks again to you, djangel and dalepa for steering me to the solution!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
why do you want to turn the IR on and off with BI? The camera should do that on its own w/out BI's help..

DWilks

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In my case, the camera does turn IR on at dark but I only want it to turn on when I want in on. It's high up
on my house and, unless I'm mistaken, the IR attracts insects and spiders which means the lens needs
cleaning more often. Even the cheap Foscams($40) can be controlled by Blue Iris turning on/off IR. Please
correct me if I'm wrong. And, by the way, @nayr I've learned a lot from your post and appreciate your inputs
and also respect your knowledge!
Just remembered, the Foscams are on timers and get turned off just before dark so BI does not control their
IR....the timers do! They are looking through glass(windows) and that causes big time reflections.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
mine's 2 stories up and I have not laid a finger on it in 2 years.. IR runs all night long and never had a problem with insects. The IR is designed for distance like a spotlight, its not like cheap IR that works like a flood light and sprays it in all directions.. Ive seen more bugs attracted to whatever I am lighting up in the distance than to the source of the light its self.

having gone over all the Dahua HTTP API docs, I dont recall any functions to enable/disable IR.. I wasent really looking for that ability but I think i'd of remembered it.

What happens when someone steals your shit and you weren't there to turn the IR on? just seems like a bad idea all around w/no actual benifit.

DWilks

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I see your point nayr but my situation is different than yours some what. My house is surrounded by woods on 3 sides and
and there are plenty of insects around. I hate to use IR turned on if I'm not using its benefits and also I don't want the IR
LEDs to go bad from over usage!!! I'm cheap! This Dahua has a lot of 'Setup' choices. I'm including the ones for IR. Looks
like I can and I think have, turned them off by setting the 'Mode' to Manual and using the sliders to move to 0. At least
that's what I think the setting is for. Need more testing during the dark hours to confirm. Please look at the 2 images and see if that's what they are for...looks like I will just have to use a Browser to switch them on and off when needed.....Thanks
Peripheral- IR Light Mode-Manual.jpgPeripheral-IR Light Mode ZoomPrio.jpg

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the mechanics of the PTZ will fall apart long before the LED's go out from over usage.. It wont attract as many bugs as you can think, they are narrow focus.. think of a flashlight on a tight beam to get it the distance the zoom can see, unless your in frame and directly looking at the camera you wont even see the light, so the footprint that it lights up is smaller and its farther away.. so bugs dont really notice it as much as compared to say a camera full of round diode LED's and a reflector that lights up the entire face of the camera, can be seen from any angle, and lights up everything close up to the camera too.

If you have a high powered LED flashlight with a narrow focus bugs wont bother you like they do when your carrying a lantern spewing light in every direction... same principal.. just increase the far-light slider and decrease the near-light slider, or leave it parked on an object in the distance.. and bugs wont be as big of a problem as they were with your other cameras.. and the fact that it moves keeps spiders from building on it regardless.

you can shut off the IR through the UI, but I dont think BI can do this for you at the flick of a switch..

so you expect to have absolutely no use for this camera in the dark? are you not recording it? does it serve any security purposes?

i suppose if your just using it as a webcam to view the sky, okay.. disable the IR.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
you can shut off the IR through the UI, but I dont think BI can do this for you at the flick of a switch..
On hikvision cameras (at least in the past, i havent tested in while) BI will put the camera into day mode when togging the IR...So it can toggle day/night/auto....so it wont toggle IR only on off, but will also toggle the ir filter. I believe it works on dahua cameras the same way.

DWilks

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
On my Sricam that still works after over a year, BI does turn the IR on/off with the IR Lights >> light bulb symbol at the bottom right under the speaker
symbol slider. My camera is used mostly for watching hummingbirds and chipmunks that I feed and sometimes for security. Here's a night shot of a
visitor to my back yard. And I use it to watch a burn pile for burning leaves and limbs so that I don't have to be at the fire site especially at night.Fox out back.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
On my Sricam that still works after over a year, BI does turn the IR on/off with the IR Lights >> light bulb symbol at the bottom right under the speaker
symbol slider. My camera is used mostly for watching hummingbirds and chipmunks that I feed and sometimes for security. Here's a night shot of a
visitor to my back yard. And I use it to watch a burn pile for burning leaves and limbs so that I don't have to be at the fire site especially at night.View attachment 12915
\ its likely switching from night to day mode..not just the IR...this is of no consequence unless you are trying to use external IR only...

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if I change the day profile to force color mode, it turns off the IR.. but if I leave it on auto/b&w/photoresistor it turns the IR on at night.

so your going to have to go into Setup -> Camera -> Conditions -> Day/Night and make sure its set to Mechanical/Color or switching profiles at night wont turn off IR.