Can't view substream of Annke C800 in BI5

MrGeezer

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi - not sure if I'm missing something really obvious or my camera is broken but I can't get the substream working in BI.

rtsp:/admin:myadminpw@192.168.12.20:554/Streaming/Channels/1
rtsp:/admin:myadminpw@192.168.12.20:554/Streaming/Channels/2

When I open the first link above in VLC and view codec information it shows a resolution of 3840 x 2160. When I open the second link (which just has number 2 at the end instead of number 1) and view codec info it shows a resolution of 640 x 480. So substream is running and URL’s exist.

When I put the information into BI (screenshot of settings below), and go to web interface, I can see the image and the info states it is a resolution of 3840 x 2160. But when I change the number 1 to a number 2, to make the second URL, the web interface does not show the image. Instead all I see is 8 coloured stripes.

Can anyone see what I've done wrong?

settings.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am thinking once you add "/Streaming/Channels/1" that this is all you will get.

Did you try simply putting "192.168.12.20" along with username and password and hit find/inspect and let it do it's thing?

That is what most of us do and then we use the pull-down to get the substream.

MrGeezer

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I did. I've just done it again - it does some querying, concluding with the message "RTSP port found".

I then have the following choices in the dropdowns:

Main: Default only. Selecting it causes the path to be filled with a single forward slash /
Sub: Default, or None. Regardless of which option I select, the path remains blank.

If I choose default for both then I get the main stream showing in the web browser. But going back into the camera settings, under general it shows my main stream is 8.3Mp and my sub stream is non-existant.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Anke c800 is hikvision.

stremaing urls shut be

main /Streaming/Channels/101
sub /Streaming/Channels/102

just do what wittaj said.

something like this

aaa.PNG

MrGeezer

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to help. I already knew that these were hikvision based from my numerous google searches. I think I even tried selecting hikvision from the dropdown.

Anyway to be sure, I copied your settings above exactly. The web interface shows coloured stripes. When I look at the general setings tab the main stream doesn't exist and the substream is 8Mp but no data is flowing (see image).

If I delete the text /Streaming/Channels/102 from the sub box and press ok, the web view springs to life (showing the main stream @ 8mp of course).

Is my camera broken? It doesn't make sense given I can view both main and substream in VLC. I've found various suggested settings for this camera on the internet. Some don't work, some do but whichever ones work, it's only ever the one for the main stream, the sub stream never does. So confused :(

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Change to http instead of rtsp

MrGeezer

n3wb
Reaction score
It is. The moment I put the second stream in and press OK, the picture disappears to be replaced with coloured stripes :(

screenshot.png

MrGeezer

n3wb
Reaction score
I've seen stuff about poor quality cabling - I did make my own cables. But when I put 101 as the address for the main stream AND the substream, the picture comes through fine. The "general" tab of the camera settings shows main stream and substream are both receiving at 700-ish Kb/s. And when I ONLY put 102 as the main stream with no substream, I get no picture. So that means it can't be the cable right?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've seen stuff about poor quality cabling - I did make my own cables. But when I put 101 as the address for the main stream AND the substream, the picture comes through fine. The "general" tab of the camera settings shows main stream and substream are both receiving at 700-ish Kb/s. And when I ONLY put 102 as the main stream with no substream, I get no picture. So that means it can't be the cable right?
This is not related to cables. Post an image of the substream settings from the cameras web interface.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is it safe to assume you've logged into the cam's webGUI at 192.168.12.20 and enabled/configured the sub stream?

MrGeezer

n3wb
Reaction score
I think so, yeah. Camera settings as per below image. And if I open VLC and open the following URL:

rtsp:/admin:myadminpw@192.168.12.20:554/Streaming/Channels/2 then I get an image and if I view the codec info it says the resolution is 640 x 480 which matches the setting below. But that's an rtsp address - do I have to do something else to the camera to make the sub-stream available on http?

screenshot.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is this the setting you mean? Or is there some other setting to enable to substream via http maybe?

View attachment 114934
You dont have to do anything else, though newer hik cams require you to enable onvif, but if that was the problem the main would not work either. Try deleting the camera in BI and adding a new cam.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1) Have you tried this below, change 101 to 1 and 102 to 2 ?
2) Also, there's a drop-down in BI under camera "Make" of "Generic/ONVIF" for "Model" of "VLC-compatible RTSP" that may work.

annke-c800_1.png

MrGeezer

n3wb
Reaction score
I get the spinning circle of doom for about 30 seconds then a message box says "Trouble deleting camera".

Upon trying to restart BI to see if that resolves it - I am prompted to install an update (5.5.3.7). Selecting it causes it to try to download and update, followed by restarting and telling me to update to 5.5.3.7 again!

I guess I need to reinstall BI?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I get the spinning circle of doom for about 30 seconds then a message box says "Trouble deleting camera".

Upon trying to restart BI to see if that resolves it - I am prompted to install an update (5.5.3.7). Selecting it causes it to try to download and update, followed by restarting and telling me to update to 5.5.3.7 again!

I guess I need to reinstall BI?
In the registry. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software\cameras and delete the offending camera.

MrGeezer

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. Before you could respond and I could see your reply, I uninstalled BI, rebooted system and reinstalled.

When it loaded, it still had the two cameras that I had previously set up were still in place.

Not only does my Annke camera have both its main and substream working - the reolink camera that I couldn't get to work at all has suddenly sprung to life.

Thanks to everyone for your help - if anyone comes across this in the future my suggestion is reinstall BI. I've still got my cameras set up and all the licenese info is still there and valid.