Can't watch Alert videos on any mobile device!

abraxas11

n3wb
Reaction score
can watch in a browser just fine, and all of the 3 android devices seem to work normally except none of the alert videos play. the clip will just blink when clicked on but nothing ever plays. been using BI for years, can't find what would cause this. had some router issues recently but that should be all cleared up now.
can't figure out what to do next, and going away on vacation soon! need my BI!

thanks,
mike

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
can watch in a browser just fine, and all of the 3 android devices seem to work normally except none of the alert videos play. the clip will just blink when clicked on but nothing ever plays. been using BI for years, can't find what would cause this. had some router issues recently but that should be all cleared up now.
can't figure out what to do next, and going away on vacation soon! need my BI!

thanks,
mike
Welcome to the forum..if you are still using BI3 and have updated the mobile app you will no longer be able to play alert images. You can play your clips via the calendar view. Upgrade to BI4, it has many other improvements.

abraxas11

n3wb
Reaction score
Ah, thanks for the quick response. BI4 bought and operational now. this must be a popular topic. i was an early adopter of BI and feel they deserve all the money they ask for, but now i have egg on my face with my users and a few hours of wasted time trying to figure this out. sure, i knew they got new phones, but didn't realize the implications of that until now.
plus, didn't like the shopping cart experience at all. if they feel i need "download protection" so much that it's automatically in my cart, then there must be something wrong with their shopping cart technology. also makes we worry about them slipping in other stuff during the install, but i imagine this is a shopping cart company issue and not BI directly.
still, it all reflects on BI. this software can be an operational imperative for some people, getting spuriously shutdown like that really interrupted my work week.
anyway, BI4 looks great! can't imagine anything seriously competing with it.
thanks
mike

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The shopping cart is handled by digital river...