Capture of shooting.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Med student tries to stop a rape/kidnapping. He gets shot in the stomach, when the perp tries to shoot him in the head, the gun jams.
Strange that the video has no time stamp.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wow,he was very lucky! I hope they get that SOB!!

spyfly81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow!! Lucky guy, good thing the gun decided to not shoot him

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

mahockey

n3wb
Reaction score
Jesus Christ that is disturbing...that low life needs to be put away for the rest of his life - mankind baffles me sometimes.

Hoog23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I bought a pair of 1.3 Dahua bullets on fleabay last year out of New Orleans. The overlay indicated they were part of Project NOLA. I wonder if this camera capture was from NOLA too?

Great low light performance of the 1.3 btw. I think I only paid like $12 for the pair and a poe injector because the seller didn't actually list them as Dahua.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Pretty crazy, I hate to say it but sometimes it's best to just call 911 and not get involved, although hard to not do something if you see that.

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
VERY lucky. So lucky.

I really admire this guy because most people will do absolutely nothing in a scenario like that, it really takes a lot of guts, but so many people who interject in scenarios like this end up beaten or dead for the effort. The courage is rarely rewarded.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...I really admire this guy because most people will do absolutely nothing in a scenario like that, it really takes a lot of guts, but so many people who interject in scenarios like this end up beaten or dead for the effort. The courage is rarely rewarded.
I admire this man also...however...

In my opinion: That's why if you decide inject yourself onto a situation such as this it is probably best to attack with extreme violence. If you're going to inject yourself in a situation where a crime is being committed then (IMO) you should assume that violence is inevitable and if it's inevitable then it's best to strike first so that it ends with that first blow. In such situations, talking about it, or trying to reason with the perpetrator, will only be viewed as weakness; best to sneak up behind him and hit him...hard..with something that is hard. In addition, if your not prepared to be killed, or to kill, it is (IMO) best to call 911. I've always been attracted to that hero shit, but the result is not often like in the movies...the result is often a lot of blood and a lot of pain not to mention that if, in the pursuit of your heroic action, you hurt an innocent party you will yourself go to jail...or be sued. American media has distorted how such violent encounters play out and often depict guys hitting each other with baseball bats a dozen time. Reality? One baseballbat to the head will kill someone.

Be careful out there fellas.

One other thing...someone said "hang 'em high." I say we do not hang persons without a trial in America...any more. Especially black people. That video evidence is damning evidence in my opinion; the autorities shouldn't have any trouble getting a conviction.

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I admire this man also...however...

In my opinion: That's why if you decide inject yourself onto a situation such as this it is probably best to attack with extreme violence. If you're going to inject yourself in a situation where a crime is being committed then (IMO) you should assume that violence is inevitable and if it's inevitable then it's best to strike first so that it ends with that first blow. In such situations, talking about it, or trying to reason with the perpetrator, will only be viewed as weakness; best to sneak up behind him and hit him...hard..with something that is hard. In addition, if your not prepared to be killed, or to kill, it is (IMO) best to call 911. I've always been attracted to that hero shit, but the result is not often like in the movies...the result is often a lot of blood and a lot of pain not to mention that if, in the pursuit of your heroic action, you hurt an innocent party you will yourself go to jail...or be sued. American media has distorted how such violent encounters play out and often depict guys hitting each other with baseball bats a dozen time. Reality? One baseballbat to the head will kill someone.

Be careful out there fellas.

One other thing...someone said "hang 'em high." I say we do not hang persons without a trial in America...any more. Especially black people. That video evidence is damning evidence in my opinion; the autorities shouldn't have any trouble getting a conviction.
I agree.

Basically best course of action was to tell the guy that you've already called the cops and keep a big distance, hoping you can outrun him if you're not in a car. Or alternatively if you are armed you can do something (however, most aren't).

I'm not really clear on what the law would do to you if you attacked the guy outright and caused permanent harm and/or killed him. You and the victim would have to be quite convincing that she was truly on the verge of being kidnapped. At the least I think attack first and ask questions later would be better to be honest, because weakness is indeed what the attacker saw and only through his complete ineptness was he in possession of a barely functioning gun.

In this scenario the good Samaritan, if armed with a knife, could have probably sorted things out right off the bad, but would that be illegal? Who knows.

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
For those using being sued as an excuse for their apathy, many cities have Good Samaritan laws. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Samaritan_law
When you see someone like that young lady, (possibly) being dragged into a car, you may not have time to evaluate the situation. You can try to help, or you can look the other way. When it's all over, you will have some insight into yourself.
That young man is a hero.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I agree.

Basically best course of action was to tell the guy that you've already called the cops and keep a big distance, hoping you can outrun him if you're not in a car. Or alternatively if you are armed you can do something (however, most aren't).

I'm not really clear on what the law would do to you if you attacked the guy outright and caused permanent harm and/or killed him. You and the victim would have to be quite convincing that she was truly on the verge of being kidnapped. At the least I think attack first and ask questions later would be better to be honest, because weakness is indeed what the attacker saw and only through his complete ineptness was he in possession of a barely functioning gun.

In this scenario the good Samaritan, if armed with a knife, could have probably sorted things out right off the bad, but would that be illegal? Who knows.
Before you react to this post of mine please bear in mind that I probably have more guns, (Busse!) knives and ammunition than my entire neighborhood...combined. So I'm not anti-gun...I'm anti bullshit.

And the bullshit I'm objecting to today "American High Noon Syndrome" where the good guy pulls out his Glock and drills the bad-guy between the eyes (deftly missing the victim who has a gun to her head/knife to her throat). Unless the citizen in the fight is TRAINED, bringing a gun to the fight probably only means that things will get a whole lot worse, a whole lot faster for everyone involved. The truth is -- when the bullets start flying -- even the biggest baddest tough guys tend to wet their pants and run away; those who hold their ground and fight effectively are either (1) highly trained, (2) experienced combat vets and (3) those who have buddies who are also in the fight. Possessing all three of these attributes offers the highest probability that the gun fighter will stay and shoot effectively. All others will (1) spray and pray (wounding civilians) or (2) simply run away.

And, in my opinion, everything else is Hollywood bullshit.

Pardon my French.

Evidence in point: the Waco biker shootout where the only effective fighter in this video is the center frame fat guy...but notice how he flinches which is probably his body reaction to the sound of gunshots...

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...When you see someone like that young lady, (possibly) being dragged into a car, you may not have time to evaluate the situation. You can try to help, or you can look the other way. When it's all over, you will have some insight into yourself...
Yeah brother; that's it in a nutshell.

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
For those using being sued as an excuse for their apathy, many cities have Good Samaritan laws. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Samaritan_law
When you see someone like that young lady, (possibly) being dragged into a car, you may not have time to evaluate the situation. You can try to help, or you can look the other way. When it's all over, you will have some insight into yourself.
That young man is a hero.
The purpose of these laws are not to encourage you to step into a violent altercation potentially to save someone. They are to encourage you to drag somebody from a burning vehicle and protect you if the person is so ungrateful that despite saving their life they sue you for injuring their spine. These laws will not raise the threshold at which you could reasonably use force to defend a third party, AFAIK.

Q2U I know that real life teaches humility very quickly. The vast majority of police, in an actual shootout, have worse accuracy than a 9 year old shooting a gun for his first time, even at the very close ranges of their interactions. Actually going at someone when you don't have overwhelming odds in your favor takes a lot of bravery that most don't have. That's why what this guy did is pretty unusual.

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It's too late for that. What he may have deserved was a decent life back in the day, but unfortunately has been replaced by a ward of the state who almost took the life of a decent contributor to society and probably didn't care much then, nor now. He'll shrug it off and continue to repress what tiny bit of humanity may still be skulking around somewhere in his soul.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's too late for that. What he may have deserved was a decent life back in the day, but unfortunately has been replaced by a ward of the state who almost took the life of a decent contributor to society and probably didn't care much then, nor now. He'll shrug it off and continue to repress what tiny bit of humanity may still be skulking around somewhere in his soul.
It sounds like you may know him?

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow, he was meant to die. Very lucky!
People are garbage!

mik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
VERY lucky. So lucky.

I really admire this guy because most people will do absolutely nothing in a scenario like that, it really takes a lot of guts, but so many people who interject in scenarios like this end up beaten or dead for the effort. The courage is rarely rewarded.
Lil Bro - I agree 100%. He called the cops and was trying to help. I'm sure he didn't see the gun while pulling up thinking some poor woman was being assaulted. He turned the corner and less than 70 seconds later he got shot. I'm not going to armchair quarterback his actions.

Too bad there are more people like him around.

Thanks to this video, the jury will hopefully do the right thing.