Capturing / Playback - how to have Continuous AND Motion at same time

darrenge

n3wb
Reaction score
There have been some sub threads on this topic but nothing really brought to the fore front and more importantly, no real answer.

The question: How do you set up Hikvision NVR to record continuous AND show motion detected in the playback?

Going through the settings whether it is manual or scheduled only sets it one way or the other. Continuous playback isn't all that useful unless you know where / what you are looking for. I don't like Motion Detection only as there is a chance something might get missed or you might want to look at something that isn't related to motion.

I would LOVE to go to Playback and have continuous there with little markers showing when motion was detected. There are several different places in the configuration that sets those settings, but nothing that I found where you can do both for the same camera.

Thanks
Darren

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The question: How do you set up Hikvision NVR to record continuous AND show motion detected in the playback?
On the assumption that you mean via the web GUI Playback - this is firmware version dependant.
The first time I saw this was in the 3.4.80 firmware, though it has been available in the VGA/HDMI interface for a few earlier revisions.
See this thread, and this post : https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/12786-Updated-NVR-firmware-published-NVR_78_79_EXX_V3-4-80_160718-zip?p=117623&viewfull=1#post117623

Some example screenshots of the current 3.4.90 firmware:
Playback_1.jpgPlayback_2.jpgPlayback_3.jpgPlayback_4.jpgPlayback_5.jpg

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I do not have that new pull-down icon shown in the first pic. I'm also running V3.4.90 build 160926 - on my DS-7608NI-I2/8P via Safari in Mac OS. I didn't have it with V3.4.80 either. I just have the Transcoded Playback pull-down. I currently have Intrusion Detection working and generating emails and previously was working with line crossing. I'd love to get this working, but I'm just not sure if it's the firmware or if I'm just missing that "one setting that Hikvision assumes I know all about but put in a completely arbitrary location"!

darrenge

n3wb
Reaction score
That new pull down icon only shows when you have view in "full screen" instead of 4 in a tiled fashion. Change the view to "full screen" and see if you see that extra menu.

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That new pull down icon only shows when you have view in "full screen" instead of 4 in a tiled fashion. Change the view to "full screen" and see if you see that extra menu.
OK, now I'm getting somewhere! On my setup the menu only shows if you press the play button FIRST, then the pull-down changes and adds the new icons. The intrusion events aren't showing up though. I'll repeat the dual-VCA steps and see if I missed something when I get home tonight. Wish there was a complete step-by-step for this in the manual but that would be too much to ask for. Thanks to everybody for the help!