Carl, the owner of Network Camera Critic, passed away

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Carl good luck in your new adventures
My condolences to the family.
A good man for what he gave to us here and what he shared with us all, without asking for anything in return.
Let's try to continue what he started us on, to share information without a price.

God bless you mate.

From the UK

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Soooooooooooo sorry to hear this! I thought of him as a friend. We would PM each other and discuss stuff. He was a real nice guy and new his stuff! My prayers go out to him and his family.

JDWX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I saw the sad news of this on my RSS feed for his blog the day they posted :( Terribly tragic at such a young age. His blogs/reviews, were what got me into the cams when I first became interested and started investigating them. I was always excited to see a new review of his pop up in my feed. He was certainly quite a guy and it's truly sad we won't be privileged to his expert authority. Such a loss, on many levels.

Rest peacefully Carl....

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is definitely sad news and a big loss for the camera world. His reviews led me to a great camera system and following his advice just recently helped me convert 2 all Chinese language cameras into English where I could actually use them.

I assume there's already been a funeral or memorial service? A Google search was unable to find an obituary. Would have been great if some of us could have chipped in a couple bucks in order to send flowers or something on behalf of the forum. Just a little token to say that we appreciated him and will miss him. I would have been glad to help set up a fund raiser and do the leg work, but never could find anywhere to send memorials to.

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just saw this. Sad news for sure. I actually think a review of a Dahua camera a few years back was what finally pushed me into this stuff.