Cat cable runs

KaiserTom

n3wb
Reaction score
Just remember that daisy chaining switches ads points of failure - either from the device itself (which is unlikely) or someone unplugging it - more likely.
Anything to do with POE in my experience seems to fail pretty often. Not sure what it is about them. Maybe I've just dealt with cheap devices. But even some expensive switches seem to fail on their POE too, either port by port or the entire POE board in it. But still functional otherwise.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Anything to do with POE in my experience seems to fail pretty often. Not sure what it is about them. Maybe I've just dealt with cheap devices. But even some expensive switches seem to fail on their POE too, either port by port or the entire POE board in it. But still functional otherwise.
You are using subpar equipment.... I don't think I've ever seen any switch fail.... Probably have 50 or more POE switches in service with no failures. A bunch of them are cheaper trendnet or TP-Link, some Netgear some unify some Zyxel.

You must be buying real low end stuff or having failures in NVRs which we see on the forum on occasion.

KaiserTom

n3wb
Reaction score
You are using subpar equipment.... I don't think I've ever seen any switch fail.... Probably have 50 or more POE switches in service with no failures. A bunch of them are cheaper trendnet or TP-Link, some Netgear some unify some Zyxel.

You must be buying real low end stuff or having failures in NVRs which we see on the forum on occasion.
I worked for an ISP, so.... Yeah pretty much, wouldn't surprise me.