Cat6 Cable and Connectors?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

23AWG = good news, as that is thicker than the more typical 24AWG in Cat5e and some Cat6 cables.

In the USA we have slightly different standards - thus cables are listed for what they are rated for.

Normally in the USA I get 1-2 boxes of 1000ft ( 300M ) cables - so please do double check the run lengths you are planning to be certain you'll have enough wiring, remember to include a little extra length in your calculations to give you a little room for variations in your run lengths in case you have to slightly adjust your cable run.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I would highly recommend single piece connectors. I've heard bad stories with the 2 piece connectors.
I've been using the 2 piece connectors from Monoprice with 100% reliability so far. Monoprice uses the term "with insert". They look the same as in those the ebay ad, but of course could be different in some way. Looking closer they must be different because my Monoprice connectors are rated for solid cable only, and the ebay ones say they're for both solid and stranded.