CAT6A recommendations

Lucian

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I havw my synology router in the basement and was going to add 3 additional cable runs ( 2 to the first floor and 1 to the 3rd floor). I like more hardwire that wireless though the synology works well ( except for the fact that you can's seperate VLANs on the Synology. I was thinking of just running CAt6A since the labor costs shouldnt be too much and the lengths not that long. I do want to have POE capabilities as I am thinking of switchting to the TP Link Omada ecosystem.

So, I appeciate recommendations for:

1) I was going to just ahed and use CAT6A ( As an electrician will have to deal with it). I was wondering if

A) Any specific brand of CAT6A - i was going to use the Truecable solid copper

B) When doing the wall jacks, is there preferred method of using a female to fenale or just a punchdown keystone jack? Any brand recommendation

2) Is CAT6A overkill? We will be in the house for another 2-3 years so futureproofing will only benefit new occupants (unless they are not technically inclined and just get consumer wireless)

3) With respect to 1 and 2, other main goal is to avoid being featured on the wall of shame

TIA

LP

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For most of my newer runs I used cat6 .. unless I have a tight spot, in which I used cat5e ..

monoprice was the main vendor I have used .. Truecable and other quality vendors good also .. sometimes can find deals from local cable installers selling the excess on craigslist or the like.

Watch out for CCA garbage

Lucian

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For most of my newer runs I used cat6 .. unless I have a tight spot, in which I used cat5e ..

monoprice was the main vendor I have used .. Truecable and other quality vendors good also .. sometimes can find deals from local cable installers selling the excess on craigslist or the like.

Watch out for CCA garbage
No CCA for me!!! Best advice on this forum. Thank you