Catalytic Converter #5 today!

Reaction score
start locking up a few scrap dealers for receiving stolen property....dry up the market, decrease the thefts.
I agree, but it is possible that they are not being sold for scrap.

It is possible that repair shops buy them and when someone comes in to replace a stolen one, they get one of these stolen ones and are charged for a new one. How would you know? Would someone even check their car after? Would they know if it was a new one or a used one? It would not even have to be the right one for their car. If it could be shoehorned in, then who would know? There have been plenty of news stories/hidden camera stings of shops doing similar things, like charging for brake replacements and not doing the job, just showing someone used parts from another car.

Heck I posted in post #29 a car repair shop stating in their window that they buy them.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There needs to be a 5 year minimum sentence and they need to advertise it on the side of busses and on TV. How many folks who live paycheck to paycheck and rely on their cars to get to work or doctors has this affected?

Duh987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
They attempted to snag mine in my work parking lot. Got scared off 95% of the way through, lucky for me as it saved me a few dollars but at the same time, I am almost more pissed. They damaged my car, and my time and they didn't even get anything for it. The best part, the office building has no cameras outside.