Caught in the act!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
A few years ago, a friend of mine told me how she had spent a bundle and purchased a hidden camera to catch her cat doing the same. The look on her face when I asked her why the camera had to be hidden, was priceless.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does this not provide definitive proof that Amcrest are shit cameras?
:) but seriously, to be fair, its a dahua and any camera including dahuas with a 1/3 or similar sensor would look like that in those conditions. Amcrest is just a shit company.

smithb

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does this not provide definitive proof that Amcrest are shit cameras?
Ha!

My wife is so pissed at him. All this time we were thinking that he had some kind of health problem, but no... he's just pissed off because my daughter locked him in the basement. I love the guy but if he keeps this up this might be his last Christmas...

smithb

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
:) but seriously, to be fair, its a dahua and any camera including dahuas with a 1/3 or similar sensor would look like that in those conditions. Amcrest is just a shit company.
Also, I just threw it on a TV tray after ripping it out of the box yesterday. Haven't even figured out how to get the PTZ to work, yet. Overall it's not too bad for a $65 POE camera.

58chev

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What an asshole...
HaHa, Payback for the haircut. :D

Seriously though, That sucks.

My Son In Law hooked up his night vision hunting camera to catch his cat doing the same, but what was funny was the cat went right up close and personal with the camera and left his gift. :wtf:

BigFoot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
EAsy to fix if you know cats - if you don't then your shouldn't get one

Probably best if you don't breed either :) :)

smithb

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
EAsy to fix if you know cats - if you don't then your shouldn't get one

Probably best if you don't breed either :) :)
I've had this cat for 13 years so I think I know him pretty well... he's an asshole. How do you fix that?

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'd shit on your rug too if you shaved me lIke that. Got to be a bit traumatizing to a cat.
UT seriously, at that age cats could start inappropriate excretion for a lot of reasons, health related included including just confusion.

BigFoot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've had this cat for 13 years so I think I know him pretty well... he's an asshole. How do you fix that?
If he's 13 then he's an equivalent age of around 70 in human years. Cat's are very clean animals but if their litter tray is dirty they'll find somewhere else

If their anal glands are swollen - for a variety of reasons - you'll get what you are getting, so first port of call would be a vet to make sure he's OK

A cat flap is great if he wants to get out but if the weather isnt to his liking, he'll need somewhere to go to the toilet inside. Ideally under a table, for the same reason you don't have a crap in full display of everyone else :)

Lastly, maybe its just his age - if our cats or dog ever does that then its easily cleaned. That's why we have a vac which also does wet & dry cleaning. It's not the end of the world. So he craps on the carpet - when he's gone & passed over the Rainbow Bridge you miss him and wish he was still there to clean up after.

So enjoy him & love him whilst he's still here :) :)