Central Security Group

jhunhapi

n3wb
Reaction score
My contract is up is there any other company do you guys recommend for monitor and automation. Im paying $70 right now but they're offering me $55 3yrs or $50 2yrs. Thanks

emerb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Even $55 is a little too much (i think). I pay $21 monthly without a contract and even though I have a Honeywell system these guys support pretty much everything.
Here is what is covered:
  • Dual path. System is connected via cell tower and my home WiFi simultaneously. If one fail signal still gets send through the other.
  • Advanced Protection (Smash Proof) - Some technology built into the panel that needs to be enabled through the service provider - like an add on.
  • Honeywell App (i can arm/disarm and check on the alarm status remotely).
I'm with them for 3 years.
From time to time we will forget the alarm is on and open a door or sometimes even do it intentionally just to check whether the central station is operating as expected.
Response time from central station during this 3 years period was from 30 seconds to 3.5 minutes. Not bed, my neighbor have Comcast and in one of his test they also took 3.5 minutes to respond.

I cannot say anything about their customer service since I never needed it but as far monitoring goes, they do a good job:

GEOARM® - Alarm Monitoring & Home Security Systems

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@fenderman do you have any personal experience with Monitoru, or can you comment on the quality of their central station?

Thanks!
Yes. We use them for the honeywell system at out office...Louis from monitorU is great. The central station operates well, though I have only had a handful of interactions with them.