Change alert levels via android app

Cottac

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

Got BI up and running on PC and Android. Loving it so far. Wondering how people have solved this particular request:

When I leave town, I want to be able to control the intrusiveness of the alerts. When people are coming and going I obviously don't want it texting or calling or push notifying me 50 times a day. When we're out of town there shouldn't be any alerts so I want it to blow my phone up if a trespasser stops by. Ideally I would be able to change the intrusiveness of the alert in my daily life (email vs text vs push vs call) from the android app in case I forget before I leave or expect someone to stop by. Push notifications are controllable somewhat via the android app but I haven't had reliability on that front...

Also, re: push notifications, it seems that BI times out or something when my phone screen is off for a bit. When I go to the BI app it has to re-login. It seems the push notifications are only working when the phone is fully awake and the Blue Iris app is open. Also concerned the app will be a battery killer.

How are you adjusting the nature of alerts remotely?

k,
Cottac

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. There are several options.
On a basic level, alerts on/off..you can use the traffic signal. Make sure only disable alerts is checked in blue iris options> other
If you want to toggle types of alerts, then setup various profiles keeping all settings the same (remember that most options are profile specific) except for the alert settings. Then you can simply toggle profiles to change alert types.

With respect to push notification, you phone is likely killing the blue iris process. If android see the last post here by @Zeddy https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/11049-Staying-connected-on-a-mobile-device
The app is not a battery killer, it does not drain battery.

Last edited by a moderator: