Change default IP (ipc-t5442t-ze)

tech191

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This will likely come across as a stupid question and I have tried to look up the answer here. I've just bought a number of ipc-t5442t-ze's and finished installing them. As stated in the manual, the default IP is 192.168.1.108 for all of them. They are now all plugged into a Unifi switch which is plugged into another Unifi switch which is plugged into the Unifi gateway. So my IP range will be 192.168.30.x and not 192.168.1.x (which belongs to the USG). Not only I now have a bunch of cameras claiming the same IP (sure, I can plug them in one at a time), but I can't access the UI due to the IP range. After doing some searching, it appears that I may be able to change the default IP using the Dahua config tool which is part of the Dahua toolbox which I would have to install on my computer. I've also tried to change the IP from the Unifi controller but obviously that did not work.

So can someone please tell me if there's another way to do this that doesn't require installing additional software? If not, is the Dahua toolbox safe with no risk for malware, and if so, what's the best place to download it from? Can someone please help?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep - go to a computer and turn off wifi or unplug ethernet and then in network settings on computer, change the IP address to fixed address of 192.168.1.100 for the computer. Next take a cable from the switch (do not have any internet connected to it) and plug it into the computer. Then plug one camera in. Then you can access 192.168.1.108 and then change camera IP to 192.168.30.x and then repeat for each camera. After you are done, turn back on get IP address auto on the computer and you set.

Reaction score
What ^ he said.

As it states in the Cliff Notes, it is always important to bench test each cam PRIOR to installing. This gives you the chance to change the IP address one at a time and set all of the pertinent settings needed to ensure the install goes smoothly.

tech191

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yep - go to a computer and turn off wifi or unplug ethernet and then in network settings on computer, change the IP address to fixed address of 192.168.1.100 for the computer. Next take a cable from the switch (do not have any internet connected to it) and plug it into the computer. Then plug one camera in. Then you can access 192.168.1.108 and then change camera IP to 192.168.30.x and then repeat for each camera. After you are done, turn back on get IP address auto on the computer and you set.
Yes, that was my first thought as well as I was trying to avoid installing any software; unfortunately the only 2 computers in my home with a built ethernet ports are on a different floor than the POE switch used for the cameras and go through different (3rd) switch that's plugged into the 2nd port on the USG and thus can't see the other branch (which is what I want) . And I couldn't find any usb-c to RJ-45 adapters to safe my life to use a laptop although I know I have a couple somewhere. But after reading your response for which I thank you, I made a long patch cable and ran it to the switch downstairs. So I'm all good now, thank you very much!

What ^ he said.

As it states in the Cliff Notes, it is always important to bench test each cam PRIOR to installing. This gives you the chance to change the IP address one at a time and set all of the pertinent settings needed to ensure the install goes smoothly.
Yes, indeed, it says so in the Cliff Notes. But to be fair here, testing prior to installation would have achieved nothing. Whether it's in my hand or mounted on the house, it still wouldn't plug straight into the USG to get the 192.168.1.108 IP address. I'm not sure why they don't have DHCP enabled by default but that's besides the point. The biggest pain for me of installing cameras was running about 750ft of CAT6 and fishing it through spaces I didn't think I could go through. If there was an issue with the cameras themselves, taking them down would have taken a couple of minutes. But I'm all sorted out now, thank you both for the help!

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
The config tool will find the cameras even if they're on a different subnet address from your computer. You just have to make sure its search range is configured correctly. You first have to get the duplicate IPs off your network, i.e. unplug 3 of the new cameras, then add them back one at a time after changing a camera from 192.168.1.108. You also have to initialize the new cameras before you can use them. I've always used config tool for that but I suppose there are other ways. You can install just the config tool, no need to install other programs.

DahuaWiki