change IP address and view video/image

farnk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
I have the following setup

Almond (using as wifi extender)(192.168.0.x2) -> TP link switch -> PC (192.168.0.x1)
->Dahua(192.168.1.108) (also connected to TP switch).

From my PC, I can get internet via wifi. I can see the camera via config tool (v4.10).

My next step is to change Dahua IP to 192.168.0.108. Is this the needed stop for me to see video via BI? If so, then I can't seem to change the IP via config tool? I get an orange triangle with an exclamation point inside the triangle.

Note: I connected the camera directly to PC Ethernet port but was unsuccessful in seeing any video/images via BI. This is even when after matching the PC IP to the same subnet mask as the camera.

End goal is to see video from camera via BI.

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have the following setup

Almond (using as wifi extender)(192.168.0.x2) -> TP link switch -> PC (192.168.0.x1)
->Dahua(192.168.1.108) (also connected to TP switch).

From my PC, I can get internet via wifi. I can see the camera via config tool (v4.10).

My next step is to change Dahua IP to 192.168.0.108. Is this the needed stop for me to see video via BI? If so, then I can't seem to change the IP via config tool? I get an orange triangle with an exclamation point inside the triangle.

Note: I connected the camera directly to PC Ethernet port but was unsuccessful in seeing any video/images via BI. This is even when after matching the PC IP to the same subnet mask as the camera.

End goal is to see video from camera via BI.

Thanks!
when you connected the camera to the pc how did you power it?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL! Sorry, I should have said the switch is between camera and PC.
when you do that, make sure nothing else is plugged into the switch. If you properly changed the ip address of the pc as explained in many posts, you will be able to hit the camera.

farnk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@fenderman, I would like to have the Almond in the switch so I can get internet as well.

If so, don't I have to match the camera to the 192.168.0. x ip? If I match the PC to the camera then I won't get internet via the Almond. Yes?

farnk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also my modem in with the following ip 192.168.0.x format

farnk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Okay, I am lost. If all devices are on 192.168.0.x and you are saying the PC and camera has to be on 192.168.1.x, how will I get wifi? My PC doesn't have a wireless network card. It only has one Ethernet port that I will connect to the switch. Can you point me to some reading where it explains this?

thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, I am lost. If all devices are on 192.168.0.x and you are saying the PC and camera has to be on 192.168.1.x, how will I get wifi? My PC doesn't have a wireless network card. It only has one Ethernet port that I will connect to the switch. Can you point me to some reading where it explains this?

thanks!
why do you need wifi?
you will change the ip of your pc to match the camera subnet as you said you did, then you will change the ip address of the camera to match the subnet of your router or set it to dhcp then reserve the address in your router. Then change your pc back to auto.

farnk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I need wifi to be able to view remotely as the PC will be outside in the backyard 50ft away from the house.

farnk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
why do you need wifi?
you will change the ip of your pc to match the camera subnet as you said you did, then you will change the ip address of the camera to match the subnet of your router or set it to dhcp then reserve the address in your router. Then change your pc back to auto.
Let me try this.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I need wifi to be able to view remotely as the PC will be outside in the backyard 50ft away from the house.
dude, you dont need wifi to change the ip of the camera. One you do that put everything back.

farnk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
why do you need wifi?
Worked!!! Thanks!!!