Change language from chinese to english

reb12

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to change the language of my DS-IPC-T12-I camera from chinese to english. I've translated all .json files which hold all the strings used by the webserver but it doesnt work. Only the strings whose characters are not mode of graphics work. The rests are all blanks. I believe the characters are stored in a file. Is there any way to use a different file so that the translation works?

Thanks!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI - Hikvision DS-IPC-T12-I model I found on a search

1613603273393.png

reb12

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there any multilingual firmware even from a different cam that I could see? perhaps I could copy the translated .json files. Perhaps what I translated is wrong...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Be careful - cameras are designed for regions and you run a serious risk of bricking the camera if you try a firmware that is not suitable for the region the camera was made for. Tons of threads here from people that tried updating a camera to find out it was not able to be updated. This is Dahua, but shows some vendors sell hacked cams that cannot be upgraded.

1613612046727.png

reb12

n3wb
Reaction score
Thats not my case, I'm modifying the firmware directly. I'm not using the .dav file or the TFTP update. And yes I always backup the original firmware in case something goes wrong.

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not the proper way of doing it, and it won't fix the Chinese OSD or regional identifier (for connecting to NVRs etc), but here's a copy of my G2 EN language files for your reference if it's helpful.

Remove .zip suffix as forum didn't allow .tar.gz

Attachments

reb12

n3wb
Reaction score
Not the proper way of doing it, and it won't fix the Chinese OSD or regional identifier (for connecting to NVRs etc), but here's a copy of my G2 EN language files for your reference if it's helpful.

Remove .zip suffix as forum didn't allow .tar.gz
I replaced all the chinese .json with yours but it doesnt work. The text simply disapears. I'll attach an imagelogin page.JPG

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
I would say this affirms the reason you see people always stressing to not purchase a Hacked video system. Given the interwebs has hundreds of on line vendors that sell English defined hardware.

It makes little sense in buying hardware that isn't region specific for use.

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What firmware version (include the datecode) are you on? It may be the files I sent you are too new or G2 is too different from what camera type you have. Is this a IPC_G0 type camera?

Have you tried a different browser, cache refresh or confirming the .json files are served correctly from the camera's web server?

Though I always change the region of the camera in some way and use the English firmware modified to my needs, rather than overwrite the languages files so others might be better placed to help here.

reb12

n3wb
Reaction score
What firmware version (include the datecode) are you on? It may be the files I sent you are too new or G2 is too different from what camera type you have. Is this a IPC_G0 type camera?

Have you tried a different browser, cache refresh or confirming the .json files are served correctly from the camera's web server?

Though I always change the region of the camera in some way and use the English firmware modified to my needs, rather than overwrite the languages files so others might be better placed to help here.
The firmware version is "V5.5.97 build 200311" and the camera model is DS-IPC-T12-I. I'm not sure what IPC_G0 is.
The only browser that works with this camera is Internet Explorer. If I try to open it with Chrome or Firefox it show a message saying its not compatible.
What do you mean by changing the region?
Are you saying that I could replace the davinci program or the entire squash file system with an English version?

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The firmware version is "V5.5.97 build 200311" and the camera model is DS-IPC-T12-I. I'm not sure what IPC_G0 is.
The only browser that works with this camera is Internet Explorer. If I try to open it with Chrome or Firefox it show a message saying its not compatible.
What do you mean by changing the region?
Are you saying that I could replace the davinci program or the entire squash file system with an English version?
Rather it is possible to change the camera's region setting (currently Chinese) to English. Different methods used depending on the camera type. IPC_G0, IPC_G1, IPC_R6 for example.

In your case I think this is a IPC_E type camera though not sure what number.

Since you seem to have root access on the camera in order to change the language files, try running prtHardInfo on the camera and paste the output (obfuscate the serial number if you feel the need).

Last edited:

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok looks like an IPC_E6 camera.

Probably easier if I send a PM at this point.