Changed internet service providers - HIKVISION

Jon Jones

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P Embedded Plug & Play NVR and it was working fine until i changed internet providers. Now, i can still view it on my LTE provider just not on the home wifi network any longer. Do I have to somehow allow access, is it being blocked? It's showing up on the list of accepted. When i attempt to log in with safari via the hikvision app on my macbook pro, it says no plug in detected. Ive downloaded the latest plug-in but it still wont work (used to give me a prompt to run with plug in which it no longer does). Any help would be appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P Embedded Plug & Play NVR and it was working fine until i changed internet providers. Now, i can still view it on my LTE provider just not on the home wifi network any longer. Do I have to somehow allow access, is it being blocked? It's showing up on the list of accepted. When i attempt to log in with safari via the hikvision app on my macbook pro, it says no plug in detected. Ive downloaded the latest plug-in but it still wont work (used to give me a prompt to run with plug in which it no longer does). Any help would be appreciated.
it wont work on safari anymore..Safari 12.0 Removes NPAPI Plugin Support
as far as your phone, if the new provider installed a modem router combo you will have to setup a second "device" on the app using the local ip, to use when you are at home.
also reconsider using port forwarding, your device will likely get hacked...see vpn primer for noobies thread