Changed internet service, unable to access BI remotely since

Saskyguy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all, hopefully someone has some experience with this and can help out.

I just upgraded my internet from Xplornet via Satellite to Xplornet via radio. Huge jump in reliability and of course performance. However since changing over I am no longer able to access my BI server from outside my LAN. Router still shows BI is port forwarded without any changes. Connection wizard passes everything up until the last step of checking remote access. I don't necessarily need an answer, but some direction would be great!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all, hopefully someone has some experience with this and can help out.

I just upgraded my internet from Xplornet via Satellite to Xplornet via radio. Huge jump in reliability and of course performance. However since changing over I am no longer able to access my BI server from outside my LAN. Router still shows BI is port forwarded without any changes. Connection wizard passes everything up until the last step of checking remote access. I don't necessarily need an answer, but some direction would be great!
Generally neither sat or wisps will provide externally routerable addresses. You may have been paying extra for that on sat. Regardless, if you cannot get your provider to give you a routeable ip addresses you will need to use a service like ngrok

Saskyguy

n3wb
Reaction score
Generally neither sat or wisps will provide externally routerable addresses. You may have been paying extra for that on sat. Regardless, if you cannot get your provider to give you a routeable ip addresses you will need to use a service like ngrok
Interesting, thank you. I have no idea what that is yet so firing up the google now!

Saskyguy

n3wb
Reaction score
I got it to work through ngrok with a some trial and error. Thank you!

xtropodx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Similar thing happened to me few months back. ISP changed how they were managing IP addresses & put their users on Carrier-grade NAT & I could no longer remote home, I had to specifically ask to be given an IP address. This wasn't the only way but for me the easiest & simply solution.