Changed ISP, can't access cameras remotely

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
you need to set the local lan port to 50000 as well.
I had him change his BI listen port to 80 so browsers on his LAN would not need a port number entered. Maybe not the wisest choice, since maybe it is easier to just remember "port 50000" regardless of where you connect from.

Anyway, @thejbgc see if you can find a DMZ section in your router. If you happen to have one of your cameras configured as the DMZ host then your current situation would make more sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

thejbgc

n3wb
Reaction score
Checked DMZ and it is disabled with no devices listed as a host.

thejbgc

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm also confused why going to my public IP would would randomly direct to one of my hikvision cameras? I clicked on the UPnP settings, not sure if this has anything to do with anything but there are lots of settings here - most of them for my cameras. not sure how they got there.

Screen Shot 2016-05-16 at 1.12.42 PM.png

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Aha, UPnP. That could be to blame. Anyway I sent you a PM and I can log in to your machine with teamviewer to help if you want.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I helped out over teamviewer. Got the forwarding working (The ISP had forwarded port 50000 to port 80, and one of the UPnP rules was stealing port 80). CPU was also maxed out and I helped improve that.

@thejbgc if you have any other problems, just let us know!

Last edited by a moderator:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Also I just want to say this again in case you forget. When I turned on hardware accelerated decoding, I had to make Blue Iris not run as a background service, so the Blue Iris application will always have to be open on that machine for recordings to work. If this becomes a problem for you, you can change BI back to service mode in the Options > Startup tab, and you will also need to turn off hardware accelerated video decoding in the Cameras tab.

Or just take the free upgrade to Windows 10, then you can use BI as a service with hardware acceleration enabled.