Changed NVR Can't access camera

Atechnical

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I upgraded my nvr from a dahua 4104 P lite to a dahua 5216-4KS2. The 4104 had it's own internal POE ports the NVR5216-4KS2 does not,so I have a poe switch. The new nvr is set up I can see the camera in the registration panel on the web interface but I can't login into the camera. I've tried the default passwords, the password that was assigned to the camera before the change noting works. Helllllllp.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1) try the username and password on the old NVR.
2) do a hard reset on the camera. Only have one camera plugged in at a time till you reset the IP address.

Atechnical

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there any way to do a hard reset without taking the cameras down... probably not I'm guessing?

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
The previous NVR may have set the cam passwords to the same as the NVR admin password.

Also, on the old NVR (w/ Poe Ports) the cams were on a different IP subnet than the rest of your LAN.
With the new NVR and external PoE switch, the cams need to be assigned IP addresses on your LAN somehow...

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
My 4208 with PoE ports doesnt mess with the password I have set on the cameras.

I think @pozzello is onto the problem with the IP subnet being different. The PoE NVR assigns different addresses to the cameras (10.x.x.x) than your LAN/New NVR

Last edited:

Atechnical

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can see the camera in the registration panel in the web interface, and it originally had something like 10.1.1.13 or something similar. After numerous attempts to modify the IP address to something similar to the NVR it worked but I still can't login to the camera.

Attachments

Atechnical

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I wish I remembered the exact steps but in any case I had to go back to the Config tool refresh the search window and the camera appeared. Then I clicked the internet explorer button on the right and logged in using the same login credentials as the nvr Pozellllllooooo!!! You are the man !!! Thanks to everyone who responded. It's good to know I can get answers here. Have a great weekend.

Atechnical

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Spoke too soon I can access the camera via the web from the config tool but I can't login to the camera ,or modify the settings in the NVR. Do I need to change the port number?

Attachments

Atechnical

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok last time I swear... I must have some sort of slow network . It just took a few minutes to refresh. The camera is set up on the NVR. Thanks again to everyone.