Changed password on my NVR now my cameras are bricked!

HappyChappie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a NVR4108HS-8P-4KS2 that I was trying to upgrade to online today.

To cut a long one short I had forgotten my nvr password. No problem I thought, so I did a system (Only) reset put in my new password and bingo, no cameras.

I'm currently running 2 x IPC-HDW5231R-Z, 2 x IPC-HDW4231EM-AS, 2 x IPC-HDW1320S and 2 x IPC-HDW1320S that I was about to replace with 2 x SD1A203T-GN.

I'm getting the message "invalid user name or password" across all 8 cameras on the nvr screen. I'm thinking as I only reset the system the cameras are looking for the old password and therefore giving the message and not displaying. I can't for the life of me remember the old password and I've tried several of my favourites in the hope that the cameras will start working again, but no joy.

Does anyone know of a workaround? I don't want to have to dismount and reset 8 cameras at various points around the house but if I need to I will. Hoping for a software solution get out to my problem.

Anyone?

Cheers and TIA from Scotland where it's 2 degrees C and torrential winds and rain!

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Reboot the cameras (which may require you to open them up and push the button), which if you forgot the password, you will need to do anyways. Then start over.

HappyChappie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply but that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid! lol. I'll sleep on it and get wrapped up tomorrow and get started.

Cyberthug

n3wb
Reaction score
In Registration field from NVR try to edit CAM password, put the same password from NVR and connect, do this for all cameras.