Changing IP Address

rjfoster03

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently switched internet service from the local phone company to Time Warner Cable. Prior to the switch, the IP wireless cameras were connected to to an outdoor WiFi setup and were view-able in Blue Iris.

After the switch to TWC, the cameras are no longer view-able. The outdoor wireless system is view-able but took a few modifications to get it back connected to the TWC setup. The one change that was done was having to change the IP address associated with the outdoor wireless setup.

In Blue Iris, I am getting a No Signal message:

I am trying to change the Local, internal (LAN) address to go with the newly updated outdoor wireless IP address, but Blue Iris will not allow me to make any changes in the IP address.

It is probably something simple that I am missing, but I wanted to see if you could provide any information on how to change the Local IP address or any steps that I should be doing to get the cameras view-able again.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@rjfoster03 Welcome to the forum. You cannot change the lan address within blue iris. The information is simply informative. The lan address is simply the ip address of the blue iris pc. You need to change the settings in your new twc router so that your pc gets the desired ip address.

rjfoster03

n3wb
Reaction score
I am working with TWC to see how to connect the two systems together, but am not able to change the IP address of the TWC setup and / or the Blue Iris setup.

We are attempting to add an additional device with a reserved IP Address, but can't do so until I can locate the MAC Address. Can anyone give me an idea of how to locate this for Blue Iris? Thanks for any help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am working with TWC to see how to connect the two systems together, but am not able to change the IP address of the TWC setup and / or the Blue Iris setup.

We are attempting to add an additional device with a reserved IP Address, but can't do so until I can locate the MAC Address. Can anyone give me an idea of how to locate this for Blue Iris? Thanks for any help.
All you need to do is change the subnet of the TWC modem/router to match your outdoor wifi setup or vice versa.
The mac address of "blue iris" will be the mac address of the pc running blue iris. From the command prompt type ipconfig /all you are looking for the "physical address" of the pc's ethernet adapter.

rjfoster03

n3wb
Reaction score
Sounds good.... I will give that a try later tonight or in the morning. Thanks again for responding.