Cheap 8CH DVR ported to BI ?

Nanodot

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been managing an inexpensive DVR (Samsung SDH-B74081) for the last two years. It is for our community pool and was the 3rd DVR purchased in 6 years. The main problem is that it is kept in the pool-house with pool chemicals being corrosive to electronic connections on the DVR unit over time.

We have 8 cctv cameras and the “Board” does not want to spend any more $ on any security at all. Leave the cameras as “decoys” attitude. Thus *I* am looking at cheapest possible alternative to “be better than nothing.”

Another forum on ipcamtalk (Help finding replacement DVR or Hybrid DVR) lead to me finding a $40 8 channel hybrid DVR that I am considering.

Basically, the pool-house electronics would be ONLY a router(TimeWarner) and NVR (BESDER 8 CH DVR) from Aliexpress. Then hopefully, I can from home, via network connection,record those cameras to BI on my own server.

My main question is: Can I setup BI while on the pool network, setup a no-ip address, then keep the server at home working? If not what are other CHEAP alternatives to “no monitoring” ? What am I missing?