Help finding replacement DVR or Hybrid DVR

framednlv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would like to buy my father a replacement DVR for Christmas. Currently he has a DVR that is about 10 years old and a couple of ebay analog cameras. I would like to find him an 8 channel DVR that can handle his old cameras and some of the new 2MP imx322 cameras. One of the hybrid DVR/NVR's would be an acceptable solution. I'm ok ordering a generic unit from Alliexpress or Ebay but would rather a USA dealer that offers support. I would like to keep the price under $150 with or with out harddrive.

Any experience or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris

framednlv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have found two 5 in 1 DVRs on aliexpress that might be worth buying. Both support "Hybrid mode: 4ch 3MP AHD+4ch 3MP IP"
BESDER
Evtevision

framednlv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I bought the Besder 5 in 1 DVR and received it after one month and one day from order date. It's works about the same as my Nellys 8ch ION NVR, except it supports AHD, TVI, CVI, analog and IP cameras, all up to 4MP (except analog). Yes, that is 4mp with 8 channels, which is better than most DVR's I looked at. When I received it, I connected it to my network and added all five of my IP cameras and a new AHD IMX322 that I ordered. The new camera was set to PAL and wasn't viewable until I set the DVR to PAL. I was then able to set the camera to NTSC and change the DVR back. Both times the DVR rebooted when changing from one standard to another. Then I reset everything so I could give to my father for his birthday.

My Dad was so pleased with the new DVR and camera. He couldn't believe the quality of the 2MP AHD camera. We connected two of his existing analog cameras, one never installed analog camera and the new IMX322 AHD camera that I also gave him for his birthday.

The option for AHD/CVI/TVI can be set to auto or you can set each channel to a specific protocol. When the DVR is set to hybrid mode, it will use channel 1-4 for coax cameras and it uses channel 5-8 for IP cameras. It appears that you can set motion detection areas for all types of cameras. I didn't get a chance to see if the IP cameras motion detection was being used by the DVR, sorry as I know a lot of people would want to know. I didn't check to see if Gmail works on it but I could try if anyone would want to know.

The only problem we have, his old DVR had A/V analog output that was connected to his TV in another room, via coax. We ordered a hdmi to AV converter and are waiting for that to arrive. I'm pretty sure it's going to lower the resolution to 480, but will allow him to preview the cameras. We looked into hdmi over single coax but that was another $100 to buy.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score