Cheap cheap Annke set. How to get rid of the box?

boneless

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all!

I received a free set of 4 camera's + DVR from Annke. Currently using them in the garage, because why not?

I would like to get rid of the DVR part, been trying to find a box that can convert the BNC connection to ethernet, such that I can pick up the feed in Blue Iris. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A 4 channel video encoder (or 4 single-channel units) would not be cheap and not worth the expense, all things considered.

The DVR may be able to stream to BI, if you haven't already looked into that. The DVR would act as your analog to digital converter/video encoder. Look for "RTSP" in your DVR's documentation.
  • What's your DVR's model number?
  • The DVR has a LAN port, correct?

boneless

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Tony,

It is the unit I have linked in my first post. I already have it set up as you describe, and it works great.
The box is just a bit loud, and I don't need it to have any DVR functionality, other than passing the signal to Blue Iris through Ethernet.

How much would an encoder run for? More than buying a simple POE camera?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is the unit I have linked in my first post. I already have it set up as you describe, and it works great.
The box is just a bit loud, and I don't need it to have any DVR functionality, other than passing the signal to Blue Iris through Ethernet.
You could remove the hard drive and probably the fan, if any. Use the hard drive (if surveillance-rated) in your BI server or as a back up.

How much would an encoder run for? More than buying a simple POE camera?
A decent 4 channel encoder (Hikvision or Axis) is about $250 new.
A nice POE, fixed lens, 2MP Dahua Starlight, Hikvison Dark Fighter or IPCT Night Eye turret is under $140, but that's each.

If $$$ is tight, keep the 4 cams on the DVR (minus hard drive and fan), stream it to BI, buy one of the highly rated low-light, 2MP Dahua, Hilviison or IPCT turret cams every couple of months or whenever you can swing it. Personally, I would not spend $250 just to keep those 4 analog cams in service. For $20 more you could get 2 of those recommended cams. :headbang:

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

boneless

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Tony, thanks for the help. Was able to pick up an Axis 4ch on eBay for $50 bucks.
That will do for now, I've got several Dahua around the house and am very happy with them, the garage is just not a priority for now :).

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Tony, thanks for the help. Was able to pick up an Axis 4ch on eBay for $50 bucks.
That will do for now, I've got several Dahua around the house and am very happy with them, the garage is just not a priority for now :).

Thanks!
Note that the annke system you linked to is an HD system with cameras likely using TVI or AHD, the axis encoder will not work. Your best bet is to try to stream direct from the DVR to blue iris and modify the fans.

boneless

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman,

I think you may be right, it says HD-TVI on the camera box. Anyone wants to buy a cheap Axis M7014? Lol

boneless

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Already got it listed :). Thanks for the heads up, saved me the hassle of trying to figure out why it didn’t work.