Cheap IP cam for Blue Iris on Amazon or etc?

Kurtis500

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
With my commitment to upgrade the system from an old 600tvl Q-see, Ive invested in the Blue Iris IP cam setup. Im purchasing 2 Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-Z cameras as well as the dedicated desktop, PoE switches, wiring and etc. Needless to say the budget is near the max for this, but I prefer to add to it later when I buy more after learning to using the Dahua cams and learning what works for me.

I had a 6 cam system that is currently broke and not working, so capturing some video NOW is important. The 2 cameras wont cover it all, so I need to buy some cams to replace the other 4. (I could get away with 3) Can you recommend a cheaper, somewhat temporary, ip camera to use until I phase them out or move them when adding the newer cams? Bullets and turrets since they are outdoors. A good cam that will work with Blue Iris.

btw, i do understand the concept of 2 good cams are better than 6 crappy ones, but I need to get some coverage up and running.

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
With my commitment to upgrade the system from an old 600tvl Q-see, Ive invested in the Blue Iris IP cam setup. Im purchasing 2 Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-Z cameras as well as the dedicated desktop, PoE switches, wiring and etc. Needless to say the budget is near the max for this, but I prefer to add to it later when I buy more after learning to using the Dahua cams and learning what works for me.

I had a 6 cam system that is currently broke and not working, so capturing some video NOW is important. The 2 cameras wont cover it all, so I need to buy some cams to replace the other 4. (I could get away with 3) Can you recommend a cheaper, somewhat temporary, ip camera to use until I phase them out or move them when adding the newer cams? Bullets and turrets since they are outdoors. A good cam that will work with Blue Iris.

btw, i do understand the concept of 2 good cams are better than 6 crappy ones, but I need to get some coverage up and running.

Thanks
buy the 100 dollar starlight fixed turrets...spending 50 dollars on a cheap cam then again spending on a good cam makes no sense.