"Cheap" Reliable IP camera, compatible with Blue Iris

boneless

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all and happy thanksgiving!

I am looking for a couple of indoor camera's that are compatible with Blue Iris, that I can easily move around. I have an older Alarm.com from Vivint, I think it is the V520IR, and looking for something similar that'll work with Blue Iris.

It is going to be more for watching the dog while I am working, not really security purposes.

Any good black friday deals are welcome! Seen some ARLO deals, but they don't seem to be compatible. Nor am I a fan of subscriptions...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all and happy thanksgiving!

I am looking for a couple of indoor camera's that are compatible with Blue Iris, that I can easily move around. I have an older Alarm.com from Vivint, I think it is the V520IR, and looking for something similar that'll work with Blue Iris.

It is going to be more for watching the dog while I am working, not really security purposes.

Any good black friday deals are welcome! Seen some ARLO deals, but they don't seem to be compatible. Nor am I a fan of subscriptions...
This is a hikvision cube clone 50-60 bux ANNKE I61DR 2MP (Hikvision Cube Clone)

boneless

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I do understand, hence the quotation marks.

Thanks for the tips, seems like you guys are all on the same product :).

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...seems like you guys are all on the same product...
I have nearly 40 IP cameras @boneless. I recently purchased 2 of the Annke re-branded Hikvision "cube cameras" because for the $46.00 with free shipping I paid makes them an outstanding value; I didn't need them, I may never use them, but having them makes me happy.

They do, however, have their negative aspects.

boneless

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I just ordered two of them through that website.

Just starting out with the IP camera adventure, bought a DAHUA from Andy couple months ago. Very happy so far. I was hoping to re-purpose that VIVINT camera, put seems hopeless so far, think I will sell that setup and buy me some other toys :).

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Q, I forget if you've mentioned before but did you turn your Annke cubes into Hiks by flashing their updated firmware or are you running their stock firmware?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here's the post bro...

For the benefit of anyone wanting to update their Annke cameras, **IT IS POSSIBLE** using standard English Hikvision R2 firmware files.

I just completed the following series of updates:
5.3.5 --> 5.4.0
5.4.0 --> 5.4.3
5.4.3 --> 5.4.5

Using the R2 EN STD firmware files from this directory.

Don't let the 5.4.5 "Raptor" name fool you. It's R2 under another name.

View attachment 22242