cheapest place to get BI

Tirglas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
as the title really, where can i get BI for the least cost??

thanks in advance

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Amazon was the best price I found and they sent physical media.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk
There is zero benefit to the physical media, its outdated before it arrives...
On amazon its sold by amcrest which is a successor to foscam digital technologies USA- all they do is repackage it.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I originally bought a key off eBay for like $39 and then the upgrade was $30 but damn dude, if $60 is a lot for your your camera budget must suck lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

darrenph1

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just got it from here yesterday and already have it installed $48: Blue Iris Surveillance Monitoring DVR Software Ver 4 WinOS- Professional Edition | eBay

Full v4 license Quick delivery and he's got 100% positive feedback.

A bargain shopper is a bargain shopper. I'll save anywhere I can as long as it's legit. Can't knock the guy, I mean c'mon how many of us are going through aliexpress to save some $$$ on cams???
Beware of ebay sales, those sellers can sell a duplicate license to another and at some point yours can revert to evaluation version.
Blue iris is developed by a single developer who is very responsive and continuously adds features, that is why there is so much support to buy direct. You are talking about 12 dollars...if all you are saving on ali on a camera is 12 dollars then its a stupid move...most of US buying on ali save 50-500+ per camera depending on model.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

darrenph1

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Beware of ebay sales, those sellers can sell a duplicate license to another and at some point yours can revert to evaluation version.
Blue iris is developed by a single developer who is very responsive and continuously adds features, that is why there is so much support to buy direct. You are talking about 12 dollars...if all you are saving on ali on a camera is 12 dollars then its a stupid move...most of US buying on ali save 50-500+ per camera depending on model.
Good to know, did not know that and fingers crossed mine stays full license. This ebay seller has been at it since 2009 selling ip cameras and software. I'd have to think the developer is getting his cut somehow... hopefully.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Good to know, did not know that and fingers crossed mine stays full license. This ebay seller has been at it since 2009 selling ip cameras and software. I'd have to think the developer is getting his cut somehow... hopefully.
That seller is likely good. They are likely legit licenses, and he is getting a cut, the point is there is strong support because of the value this software provides and the fact that there is a single person working on this, not some large corporation.

Tirglas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Many thanks for the constructive replies guys.

Personally I try and save where ever I can, I could afford the £64.15 cost from the BI site, however if I can get it cheaper why wouldnt I?

If you always just pay the money upfront and have never Googled "discount code " for a site, product or service, then good for you (but I really doubt it) .

I however will always seek the most cost effective method. Seems like common sense to me...

Anyway, I've found this on softpedia

Blue Iris Download

It's $49 so should work out around £40 for me, which is imo a substantial saving (apologies to all the Zuckerbergs reading).

Any (constructive) opinions on softpedia? A quick Google seems pretty positive.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Many thanks for the constructive replies guys.

Personally I try and save where ever I can, I could afford the £64.15 cost from the BI site, however if I can get it cheaper why wouldnt I?

If you always just pay the money upfront and have never Googled "discount code " for a site, product or service, then good for you (but I really doubt it) .

I however will always seek the most cost effective method. Seems like common sense to me...

Anyway, I've found this on softpedia

Blue Iris Download

It's $49 so should work out around £40 for me, which is imo a substantial saving (apologies to all the Zuckerbergs reading).

Any (constructive) opinions on softpedia? A quick Google seems pretty positive.
If you dont want to buy direct from the developer, buy from a reliable source...amazon etc...dont be penny wise and pound foolish.

Tirglas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, many thanks for the reply

so softpedia is best avoided then?

And the ebay link above?

If the BI official link was $60 I'd probably have just used that, however when I go through the link it's £64.15 which is nearer $80. I'm renovating a house at the minute and every penny/cent counts I'm afraid.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, many thanks for the reply

so softpedia is best avoided then?

And the ebay link above?

If the BI official link was $60 I'd probably have just used that, however when I go through the link it's £64.15 which is nearer $80. I'm renovating a house at the minute and every penny/cent counts I'm afraid.
i know nothing about softpedia...make sure you uncheck the option for backup downloads, that is added by the transaction processing company.

Mike.in.Minnesota

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Amcrest, $44.99. It's a standard BI license, even though the add says Amcrest Blue Iris. I got the license via email within a minute.

Foscam had a fall-out with it's manufacturer in China, who started undercutting them! A cheap move on there part. There success was a direct result of Foscam.us which had the exclusive rights in the US. That contract must have ended. Foscam purchased Amcrest and they are in the process of switching over to Amcrest products.

I recently purchased a Amcrest IP2M 841B 1080p. The camera is high quality. The deal-breaker for me was that the downward angle is so sallow to make it unusable. If placed on a high shelf, you cannot lower the angle enough to see any more than the floor a few feet in front of the wall on the far side of the room! The camera would need to be upside down. Difficult to do when placing on a shelf, or, on top of a cabinet. I was thinking of making a portable base plate to screw the mount into to allow this.
If placed in a window upside down, the camera cannot be tilted up (normally down) enough to see the sky, other than far away. I occasionally take time lapse of the clouds, and, put the cameras up during storms to catch interesting lightning patterns. Not with this camera.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Amcrest, $44.99. It's a standard BI license, even though the add says Amcrest Blue Iris. I got the license via email within a minute.

Foscam had a fall-out with it's manufacturer in China, who started undercutting them! A cheap move on there part. There success was a direct result of Foscam.us which had the exclusive rights in the US. That contract must have ended. Foscam purchased Amcrest and they are in the process of switching over to Amcrest products.

I recently purchased a Amcrest IP2M 841B 1080p. The camera is high quality. The deal-breaker for me was that the downward angle is so sallow to make it unusable. If placed on a high shelf, you cannot lower the angle enough to see any more than the floor a few feet in front of the wall on the far side of the room! The camera would need to be upside down. Difficult to do when placing on a shelf, or, on top of a cabinet. I was thinking of making a portable base plate to screw the mount into to allow this.
If placed in a window upside down, the camera cannot be tilted up (normally down) enough to see the sky, other than far away. I occasionally take time lapse of the clouds, and, put the cameras up during storms to catch interesting lightning patterns. Not with this camera.
Foscam.us foscam digital technology was a shit company...They also stopped supporting thier users and simply began rebranding dahua cameras under the amcrest name...No reason to do business with them...
Foscam digital technologies/foscam.us did not purchase amcrest...all they did was shut down their foscam operation so they dont have to support their old customers and started rebrading dahua..you can get MUCH better pricing and MUCH better image quality (dahua starlight) buy going straight to the source..you have been duped by someone at Amcrest.