Cheapo Chinese Door Bell Camera - Cabling

UncleSteve

n3wb
Reaction score
The camera uses a USB for charging and data transfer.

First is is a screened cable or twisted pairs or what please?

Is there any gadget/box of tricks to convert the USB system to use on my IP recorder (via a POE switch)?

Thanks in advance :)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you have a link to it you can share?

If not, how much did it cost and what attracted you to purchasing it?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's unclear if an RTSP video stream is available or if it's ONVIF-compliant.
It states it's "POE" (Power Over Ethernet) but it's not clear if it conforms to a desirable /reliable specification such as 802.3af/at concerning its claim about "POE".
I doubt you'd be able to stream video to an NVR.

The Reolink doorbell supports RTSP and ONVIF and many on IPCT are streaming theirs to a NVR. They can be had in a POE version or a Wi-Fi version (powered by the doorbell transformer) and sells for between 80 and $100 USD. I've had 2 Wi-Fi versions running very reliably since June '23, streaming to Blue Iris ( a PC software VMS). They are the only Reolink product I recommend.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^^.
Looney2n's is correct. I added to Reolink's cart (USA) and below is a screenshot....the model numbers are as named. :cool:

Reolink_DB_model-numbers.jpg

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry I missed the links, they didn't show up very well on my mobile, but now I'm on my laptop I can see them. Doh...
For me, 45 years of using PC's, including before mice and WYSIWYG/graphical interfaces, precludes me from doing much very well on a tablet or phone....got to have my PC with a 24" screen and a mouse to have any real productivity! :headbang::lol: