China Shipments

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello All
Does anybody know how are the shipments from china being handle regarding this coronavirus, I order a camera and it suppose to ship next month , but with this flu I don't want to take any chances.
If anybody has any information on this matter let me know.
Regards.
Chewie

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello All
Does anybody know how are the shipments from china being handle regarding this coronavirus, I order a camera and it suppose to ship next month , but with this flu I don't want to take any chances.
If anybody has any information on this matter let me know.
Regards.
Chewie
Hi @chewie

Good question. I'd ask the vendor selling you the camera they will know the best information on that.

In general - if Amazon is fulfilling it - then it is already here in the USA.

Some vendors ( like Andy ) are using Amazon for some fulfillment. Some vendors already have stock ready to ship, and I would expect those to be available to you in a fairly reasonable time.

In general, the supply chain in China is currently FUBAR. I would not expect to get anything in a timely manner that is not already ready to ship out.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In general, the supply chain in China is currently FUBAR. I would not expect to get anything in a timely manner that is not already ready to ship out.
No kidding, esp. considering that China was already on a two-week holiday shutdown. Even if there was no virus issue, it seems to always take a bit after Chinese New Years for most to get caught back up.

john-ipvm

Known around here
Reaction score
My general understanding is that there is a lot of stock in the US, since many manufacturers and dealers stocked up months ago with the tariff raising fears.

Of course, whether specific models or sellers have stock is another thing.

Reaction score
My general understanding is that there is a lot of stock in the US, since many manufacturers and dealers stocked up months ago with the tariff raising fears.

Of course, whether specific models or sellers have stock is another thing.
Looking at Andy's Amazon store, the stock/model selections are very limited right now. It could be awhile before all is re-stocked. This might be the case with other vendors based in the US right now. As far as I know, B&H sells only US Dahua models, so that leaves them out as a source.

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
With a two week incubation period you wanna be more concerned whether someone sneezed on it before it started its journey....