Chinese Encam Ip camera rtsp:// details needed

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I have installed a cheap 5mp Encam Ip camera to a neighbours property 5 doors up from my own house and he has asked me to record it for him on my Blue Iris PC
What I am struggling with is getting it working even though I have his Wan address.

I can get it working on Wan from the manufactures app which is called BitVision but looking at that doesn't give me any details on ports or the rtsp stream port, I have also run Onvif Device Manager which finds the camera but will not give me a live stream.

Can anyone shed any light here on how to get this stream working on my home Blue Iris PC.

Tried the below and still no luck with getting it working in Blue Iris

How to use RTSP stream to view network IP camera?

If the network IP camera support RTSP stream, its address is written as below:

rtsp:/user name/password@ip address:rtsp prot/0 main stream
rtsp:/user name/password@ip address:rtsp prot/1 sub stream
rtsp:/user name/password@ip address:rtsp prot/2 third stream

For example:
rtsp:/admin:admin@192.168.1.90:554/1

From the above address you can get,

The username for login is admin
The password for login is admin
The RTSP port default setting is 554

IMG_20200602_182800.jpgIMG_20200604_174549.jpg

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does any of those URL's work with VLC at his house on his LAN with the camera?

DISCLAIMER: When attempting to enter his network remotely via his WAN IP or DDNS hostname, you'd likely need to forward port 554 in his router to the cam's LAN IP (very dangerous); a VPN should be utilized instead.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes I can log on on his network and open the web UI 192.168.0.70

Tony do you mind if I send you a PM with his Wan Ip to see if you can connect as Networking is not my forte.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes I can log on on his network and open the web UI 192.168.0.70
Accessing the cam's built-in webGUI doe not mean the cam will stream video or that you have the correct URL for RTSP streaming.
Maybe you did not understand my question: I asked if "...any of those URL's work with VLC at his house on his LAN with the camera? "
It's a free player and if you have the RTSP URL correct with correct parameters (username password, etc.) VLC will likely play the video stream.
I figured it's best to know if the URL is correct first from the LAN to a player before one can properly troubleshoot it when you can't get it to stream from the WAN.

Tony do you mind if I send you a PM with his Wan Ip to see if you can connect as Networking is not my forte.
Unless port forwarding has been performed to his router that forwards a specific port request on that WAN IP to a specific camera IP on his LAN, then I won't be able to access it either.

Last edited:

riluxg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
At the top of onvif device manager there is a user name and password put cameras user name and password in there and then reconnect

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Will try tomorrow and thanks as I have said I'm not very knowledgeable on the Network side of things and I think Tony has given me good advise in it needs a port opened on his router but not sure if I want to do this.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
He is a pensioner not much cash and just trying to help him out , I will tell him to buy the dedicated recorder and a small hard drive this way at least he can view his recordings himself at home on his main PC.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does the camera have an SD card slot you could use instead?

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't think this model has to be honest as it was an optional extra at the time a little bit like buying a BMW everything is extra.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What about the ability to save it to the local PC? Even some dirt cheap knockoffs I have do provide that capability as long as the computer is on and the camera VMS is running.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
With hem being old I doubt if he will have a PC running 24/7 and he only has broadband for his Sky TV and doesn't even own a pc or tablet. I just feel I should try and help him the best I can and already gave and installed the camera to him. I also wanted to view and add the camera to my BI PC as he has a good view point which could also be useful for me.

Not sure if it is worth opening the port as been told its not safe but he don't even have a PC so what can they steal :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
With hem being old I doubt if he will have a PC running 24/7 and he only has broadband for his Sky TV and doesn't even own a pc or tablet. I just feel I should try and help him the best I can and already gave and installed the camera to him. I also wanted to view and add the camera to my BI PC as he has a good view point which could also be useful for me.

Not sure if it is worth opening the port as been told its not safe but he don't even have a PC so what can they steal :)
If he has no internet devices at home including phones etc then its not an issue.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
He has a Samsung smart phone that's all as far as I know and it was the phone I installed the camera's software on Bitvision.

I know if he has a Pc it will either be a very old PC Win 95 or 98 :) and probably not even internet ready.

I will convince him he needs this recorder NVR which is only £50 encam encam CCTV NVR Network Recorder upto 5MP 9 Channel with 4 x P....

I'm sure I will have a spare drive somewhere I could install for now but not sure if I can add his camera to my Blue Iris.

Will do some homework tomorrow and see exactly what he has and what he uses. ie phones Pc's.

PS: When you say the camera will have a good chance of getting hacked does this mean like a backdoor into any PC's that is on the same network if those Pc's are not secure? again sorry if I sound a little blonde as not well up when it comes to networking hence why this forum is a great place for information from people who know.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Update*

I have had a look at the router which is a sky make and enabled Port 554 and still can't get the video to show in Blue Iris.

IMG_20200605_164551.jpg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry, but that's not forwarding a port (554) to the camera's LAN IP.

Try this ==>> portforward.com

DISCLAIMER: Port forwarding is very unsafe but you (he) can decide.

Last edited:

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
TonyR's right. you need to open port 554 inbound. or better yet if your router supports it, map some random higher port at the WAN address to port 554 on the LAN. that will at least minimize the hacking attempts targetting port 554 specifically, tho there's still a risk, as always with port forwarding...