Choose PTZ camera for weather station

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That certainly is weird. What if you put exposure at auto at night - does it behave correctly then?
Just by changing the shutter, the seconds start to lag, and if you use the PTZ functions, everything is delayed even more. I don't understand it, but OK. The problem is that this camera is also a bit "special", so I don't know if there are people testing the functions in order to make improvements in the firmware. I would even say that there is only me and this camera in the world. :confused:

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I still have the same problem, and no matter if I use the recommended browser or SmartPSS-Lite, the image still lags. I access the camera through Edge (with or without Internet Explorer support) and the image freezes and refreshes at a very slow and random interval, as if the computer doesn't have enough resources to play.

I have never had this problem since I got the camera, but for some time now it has been getting worse, and now it happens with any scene mode. This camera has not received any update since 28/07/2022 more than a year ago.

@EMPIRETECANDY I leave you here the link since I published this error in this post so you can read what I have commented, people have tried to help me but we can't find a solution because it happens with all browsers. See if you can pass this error to Dahua and you can get some feedback from the company. Thank you.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I still have the same problem, and no matter if I use the recommended browser or SmartPSS-Lite, the image still lags. I access the camera through Edge (with or without Internet Explorer support) and the image freezes and refreshes at a very slow and random interval, as if the computer doesn't have enough resources to play.

I have never had this problem since I got the camera, but for some time now it has been getting worse, and now it happens with any scene mode. This camera has not received any update since 28/07/2022 more than a year ago.

@EMPIRETECANDY I leave you here the link since I published this error in this post so you can read what I have commented, people have tried to help me but we can't find a solution because it happens with all browsers. See if you can pass this error to Dahua and you can get some feedback from the company. Thank you.
As I mentioned, for kicks, try it at 5FPS and 5 iframe and see if it resolves.

If it does, then gradually increase it.

As I mentioned, I think there is a component of you system that is struggling. Especially if the camera goes thru the router as at any point something could have been added or interference that is impacting the ability of the router to send the data hog of 50 or 60FPS that you are running at.

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As I mentioned, for kicks, try it at 5FPS and 5 iframe and see if it resolves.

If it does, then gradually increase it.

As I mentioned, I think there is a component of you system that is struggling. Especially if the camera goes thru the router as at any point something could have been added or interference that is impacting the ability of the router to send the data hog of 50 or 60FPS that you are running at.
I seem to have deleted the email warning of your reply, and I didn't realise until I logged back in to the forum. Sorry.

For the day there is absolutely no problem, right now the camera is working at 12000kbps and works fine in the browser, in Synology and SmartPSS-Lite in all of them I can access the camera without any image freezing problem.

The problem comes when the low shutter is activated at night, because even working with this low shutter, the camera retransmits between 1000 and 2000kbps nothing suspicious to obstruct a Gb network of pure copper wire 23AWG. I don't know if there will be a problem in the camera when sending 50FPS at low shutter.

This is the configuration that is now compressing the files, and it works correctly in day scene mode. I will test again tonight.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I seem to have deleted the email warning of your reply, and I didn't realise until I logged back in to the forum. Sorry.

For the day there is absolutely no problem, right now the camera is working at 12000kbps and works fine in the browser, in Synology and SmartPSS-Lite in all of them I can access the camera without any image freezing problem.

The problem comes when the low shutter is activated at night, because even working with this low shutter, the camera retransmits between 1000 and 2000kbps nothing suspicious to obstruct a Gb network of pure copper wire 23AWG. I don't know if there will be a problem in the camera when sending 50FPS at low shutter.

This is the configuration that is now compressing the files, and it works correctly in day scene mode. I will test again tonight.
I am wondering if it is some weird phenomena with the lower shutter and 50FPS - if the shutter speed is lower than 1/50 and the FPS is 50, maybe it is wonking out on not having an image yet for the next frame as the "shutter" is still open from the previous one?

That is why dropping the FPS to match or be slower than the shutter speed will be the test.

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am wondering if it is some weird phenomena with the lower shutter and 50FPS - if the shutter speed is lower than 1/50 and the FPS is 50, maybe it is wonking out on not having an image yet for the next frame as the "shutter" is still open from the previous one?

That is why dropping the FPS to match or be slower than the shutter speed will be the test.
I don't know, but I understand that the image when working at 1/6 shutter is delayed because it is a very low shutter, but only the image would have to be delayed but I understand that the time would have to be sequential without interruptions.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is why I recommend going extreme the other way. If it doesn't exhibit the problem at a shutter speed faster than the FPS, then you know the issue and can pinpoint for Dahua to look into it.

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That is why I recommend going extreme the other way. If it doesn't exhibit the problem at a shutter speed faster than the FPS, then you know the issue and can pinpoint for Dahua to look into it.
If I can tonight, I will try to test again, without changing any of the video packaging and compression parameters. Now record a video of him doing the daytime test. Thank you!

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello again.
@wittaj @EMPIRETECANDY
First of all, you have to take into account that it is working at 1/3 shutter, so you already know that the images take time to process the movements because of its slow image capture.

As you can see, in the web browser with the daytime camera settings and exposure on automatic, everything works smoothly and correctly. You can see at the bottom right where the seconds tick by, everything is running smoothly.

In the night video of the web browser, and you can see how after using the camera functions the image freezes and starts to suffer delays. The first images where the login screen appears, some strange artefacts appear, but that's from the recorder, then it doesn't appear anymore.

With the mouse, I am also pointing out the seconds at the bottom right and the bandwidth at the top left.

All the cameras in the house are connected to the same switch, and none of them suffer from any kind of delay, the Synology server is also connected to the same switch, and the computer I use is always the same, and the problem appears in all the recommended web browsers.

Moving on to the SmartPSS-Lite video from my computer, absolutely the same thing happens as with the browser, I even think that the image starts to freeze much faster, and accumulate frames and seconds, to then throw them all at once, as you will see in all the videos that the problem exists.

And finally, there is the Synology DS218play server and I can also access the camera and use the basic PTZ functionality. Surprisingly there is no image freezing here, and if you look at the top left you can see the bandwidth that the camera is using to stream.

Attachments

Last edited: