Choose PTZ camera for weather station

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm thinking of incorporating some anti-bird spikes, because I can see that this is going to be a bird airport.

I don't know if the shape of the camera will be a scarecrow by itself or what, but, well, maybe I'll have to put some iron wires to hide it. What do you think?

Attachments

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm thinking of incorporating some anti-bird spikes, because I can see that this is going to be a bird airport.

I don't know if the shape of the camera will be a scarecrow by itself or what, but, well, maybe I'll have to put some iron wires to hide it. What do you think?
A mohawk and some facial features and I see a "Wall-E" remake in your future!

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Buy something like this and put on top of the camera? Only $21 from Amazon.:D

Hawkhead.jpg

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
A mohawk and some facial features and I see a "Wall-E" remake in your future!
I don't know if Dahua's engineers and designers have been inspired by Wall-e, but they have made it in their own image. :lmao:

Buy something like this and put on top of the camera? Only $21 from Amazon.:D
Definitely nooooooooooot :lmao:

I'll have to put up some spikes like these:

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The final installation is getting closer. Today we have repainted the mast (galvanized structural tube of 2 mm 80×80×2 m) with the final paint after the primer, the total layers of paint of everything have been three, two of primer and a final one with good quality paint resistant to UV. We have also reinforced the camera cable so that the original cable is not left outside and over time can deteriorate, I have put an irrigation hose that has protection against UV rays, then it has been rolled with insulating tape also protected against UV rays and then we have put flanges to hold it all, and finally it has been painted with primer and finishing paint. I also bought a Shneider 100x100x60 outdoor junction box (painted for an extra layer of protection) where the power cable, Ethernet and all the camera cable harnesses will go.

Attachments

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, we mounted the camera some time ago and everything works perfectly (this is my father in the picture). Now I find a problem using all the compatible browsers, and it is that when I put the "live" view the image collapses and does not retransmit correctly, the seconds stop and the image is updated randomly, as if the browser did not have enough capacity to retransmit. And when I set the shutter to low levels, it is completely impossible to be able to observe the image, at least 10 seconds or more accumulate until the image is updated in the browser. I don't know how to fix it, and at the moment there is no new firmware update for this camera, the last update is from 27/08/2022.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well, we mounted the camera some time ago and everything works perfectly (this is my father in the picture). Now I find a problem using all the compatible browsers, and it is that when I put the "live" view the image collapses and does not retransmit correctly, the seconds stop and the image is updated randomly, as if the browser did not have enough capacity to retransmit. And when I set the shutter to low levels, it is completely impossible to be able to observe the image, at least 10 seconds or more accumulate until the image is updated in the browser. I don't know how to fix it, and at the moment there is no new firmware update for this camera, the last update is from 27/08/2022.
So it sounds like some additional components were added between the final install and viewing - additional switch or routers?

Something has been added that is now a bottleneck.

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So it sounds like some additional components were added between the final install and viewing - additional switch or routers?

Something has been added that is now a bottleneck.
Sorry for replying a bit late, the web page was not loading. The three cameras that are outside are connected to the same switch, and the whole home network is gigabit with all the Unifi devices. The only camera with this problem is this one, the other two cameras are Dahua IPC-PDW5849-A180-E2-ASTE models (right now it is using a higher bandwidth than the one with the problem), and the other one is a Hikvision DS-2CD2087G2-L.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For kicks try the following

5FPS
H264
500 bit rate

If that works then you know it is a limitation somewhere and then up the above until it gets unstable

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
With this daytime setting, the navigator works correctly, and in the "Exposure" section it is set to automatic.

The problem comes when it's night time and the exposure is set to 1/12, which I don't know if it's a bitrate problem. Any suggestions for this night time configuration?

1695486354410.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Bitrate and FPS are 24/7 - you can't control those day or night.

That is strange it works during the day, but at night is problematic - a lot of video streaming at night that isn't happening during the day?

Still seems like a bottleneck somewhere in the system.

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Bitrate and FPS are 24/7 - you can't control those day or night.

That is strange it works during the day, but at night is problematic - a lot of video streaming at night that isn't happening during the day?

Still seems like a bottleneck somewhere in the system.
Concretely this is happening, having the same video encoding settings during the day as at night. The only difference is that it is in night mode and the exposure is set to 1/3.

Attachments

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@wittaj And I have to add that the recording is done on a Syno SS, connected to the same switch and the recording works correctly, I can even watch the live stream via SS without any problems.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The exposure/shutter speed has nothing to do with lag of a video stream.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's switch have enough power for this big ptz plus other cameras at night when the IR kicks in?

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It's switch have enough power for this big ptz plus other cameras at night when the IR kicks in?
Yes, it is powered externally via a transformer provided by the manufacturer.

@wittaj Written two posts above about Synology. I've also noticed that when I access the browser, if I don't touch any of the PTZ functions there is no problem. When I move the camera with shutter so low, everything starts to crash like in the video I posted above.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That certainly is weird. What if you put exposure at auto at night - does it behave correctly then?