choppy video playback

Mac25

n3wb
Reaction score
I use remote desktop connection manager 2.7 to monitor bi recorded clips, when viewing the clips I get choppy video over 1gbps local network, both the server and pc are win 8.1 played from bi on my second monitor and rdcm, the recorded video is 1080p avi @ 14.7MB and frame rate is 30.00 fps, if I copy the clip to my pc it plays just fine, did I miss a setting somewhere ?

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I use remote desktop connection manager 2.7 to monitor bi recorded clips, when viewing the clips I get choppy video over 1gbps local network, both the server and pc are win 8.1 played from bi on my second monitor and rdcm, the recorded video is 1080p avi @ 14.7MB and frame rate is 30.00 fps, if I copy the clip to my pc it plays just fine, did I miss a setting somewhere ?
if it uses rdp protocols, see blue iris options>cameras >video during remote desktop..set to unrestricted.
Otherwise, what is your cpu load when logged in?

Mac25

n3wb
Reaction score
its set to unrestricted and cpu is only 34% playing and 11% idle on the server and 14% on desktop, a complete network reboot didn't help either, also recorded video isn't on c drive, is there a buffer setting in bi before video is played ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
its set to unrestricted and cpu is only 34% playing and 11% idle on the server and 14% on desktop, a complete network reboot didn't help either, also recorded video isn't on c drive, is there a buffer setting in bi before video is played ?
Where is the recorded video stored? This is easy to diagnose...hook a monitor up to the machine, if video is smooth its your remote software...