Chromecast Support Added to Android app 1.0.58

avi6581

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In the change log of the latest version it says chromecast support has been added. I've upgraded, but can't see anything in the app. I was expecting a little cast icon or similar somewhere. Anyone else had a look ?

avi6581

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So.. Finally worked it out. The Chromecast icon only appears when its near a Chromecast. In was trying at work earlier without it. My bad :)

45ACP

n3wb
Reaction score
My Android app update 1.0.58 today wiped out my server settings and won't allow me to reenter them, the app is dead in the water. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no success. I have written to Ken. Hope you have better luck.

avi6581

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All working fine for me. Sorry to hear that

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My Android app update today wiped out my server settings and won't allow me to reenter them, the app is dead in the water. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no success. I have written to Ken. Hope you have better luck.
That is strange..its working fine for me...hopefully he will sort it out...have you tried rebooting your device?

45ACP

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, rebooted, pulled the battery, have tried 2 reinstalls. Not a huge issue, I can use IP Cam Viewer Pro to monitor the cameras if I need to.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I upgraded today as well but don't see the Chromecast icon. Where do you see it?

avi6581

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Appears you need to be in range of a chrome cast, and it's there top right.

Attachments

45ACP

n3wb
Reaction score
My Android app update 1.0.58 today wiped out my server settings and won't allow me to reenter them, the app is dead in the water. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no success. I have written to Ken. Hope you have better luck.
Update to my earlier post quoted above just in case anyone else has this problem.
I did hear back from Ken and he suggested I delete and install the latest update again, which I've probably done now 2 dozen times. The previous version worked very well, I suspect the latest update may just be too much for my old Android 4.0.3 phone.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Update to my earlier post quoted above just in case anyone else has this problem.
I did hear back from Ken and he suggested I delete and install the latest update again, which I've probably done now 2 dozen times. The previous version worked very well, I suspect the latest update may just be too much for my old Android 4.0.3 phone.
What is the exact issue you are having? What do you mean when you say it wont let you reenter the settings? what happens when you try to set up a new server?

45ACP

n3wb
Reaction score
After the update yesterday the server settings, user name and password were gone. The labels that were in the data entry boxes under "Edit" were also gone. If I try to type the server addresses, user name and password the cursor moves along but no text is entered in the box nor is there "invisible" login information left in the box.
Below is a screen capture (sent to Ken) with the virtual keyboard lowered. I can check the boxes for saving and seeing the password, https but that information is also not retained. What you see in the picture is all there is. I've tried a different keyboard, deleting, installing, cleaning out old apps to open up memory, etc. I'm getting the impression I've reached the limit of a phone running Android 4.0.3. Thank you for looking.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I pulled out an old 2.3.5 phone and i am able to enter the server info no problem..though it will not connect to the server...my 4.4.4 phone works fine...
There must be a bug in the code...email ken and tell him that its not working despite the reinstalls...I dont believe he codes the android app himself so sometimes it takes a while before the bugs are worked out..4.0.3 should still work..let them figure it out...

aaronwt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just noticed this thread. Thanks. I didn't notice before that I could cast it to my Chromecasts. I just tried it and it's working great here.

aaronwt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I guess I spoke too soon. AFter casting BI to my Chromecast it seems like it made BI4 crash. BI4 has been rock solid otherwise for me.

45ACP

n3wb
Reaction score
I pulled out an old 2.3.5 phone and i am able to enter the server info no problem..though it will not connect to the server...my 4.4.4 phone works fine...
There must be a bug in the code...email ken and tell him that its not working despite the reinstalls...I dont believe he codes the android app himself so sometimes it takes a while before the bugs are worked out..4.0.3 should still work..let them figure it out...
I'm stumped, I did send Ken another email.
Thanks for the input Fenderman, I do appreciate it.

paarlberg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
BI 4.0.0.21 x64 just crashed while casting (first attempt).

I had an issue as the bottom of each feed was below the bottom of my TV screen. I saw a scroll bar on the right side, but there is no way to scroll up or down. Also, sound from 2 of my cams was on my phone, not the tv. I have a 60" Vizio LED, it is about 2 years old. The BI splash screen came up in the middle of the screen, not sure if that is the correct positioning or not. All of my cams are set to 3MP, not sure of that is part of the issue when display single cams.

avi6581

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the same scrolling issue whereby the bottom half of the view is not visible when casting and there is a scrollbar displayed on the right, only on my hikvision cams though. My other cameras (foscam clones) are OK. I have emailed ken and the android dev is taking a look. I have given him a login to mine to test. Let's see.

paarlberg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are your Hiks running at 3mp? It might be an issue resizing to a 1080P tv.

avi6581

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes they are. I might have a go at dropping them down later

avi6581

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If I put them into a group I can view them OK as a pair side by side for the time being. Casting really is a great addition and saves running tons of cabling. I have numerous old android phones I now have a use for :)