Clean install of windows 10Pro using the Microsoft Media Creation tool

Reaction score
I want to do a clean install of windows 10Pro using the Microsoft Media Creation tool before installing BI5. Is there a video or directions for this that members can point me to please?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I want to do a clean install of windows 10Pro using the Microsoft Media Creation tool before installing BI5. Is there a video or directions for this that members can point me to please?
Google.
Its simple, download the tool, run it and create bootable media on usb. Put usb into pc, boot pc and force boot from usb.

Reaction score
I've also used ISO to USB or Rufus to load bootable ISO files onto USB drives.

1. Rufus tutorial (Use Rufus if you only want to deploy one boot environment, in your case, Windows 10)
  2. easy2boot tutorial (Use easy2boot if you want to add multiple boot environments on one USB drive ie. Windows 10, Ubuntu, Fedora, Windows 7)

Let me know if you have any specific questions. This stuff seems difficult at first but it's really only a few steps.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've also used ISO to USB or Rufus to load bootable ISO files onto USB drives.

1. Rufus tutorial (Use Rufus if you only want to deploy one boot environment, in your case, Windows 10)
  2. easy2boot tutorial (Use easy2boot if you want to add multiple boot environments on one USB drive ie. Windows 10, Ubuntu, Fedora, Windows 7)

Let me know if you have any specific questions. This stuff seems difficult at first but it's really only a few steps.
this is simply not needed . The official tool from microsoft does this for you.

Reaction score
this is simply not needed . The official tool from microsoft does this for you.
Right you are. I just thought I'd give them additional options, especially if they were also interested in learning more about the topic. I've used all options listed here several times as every situation is different.

Reaction score
Do you recommend also loading the Intel board drivers and such from Intel afterwards, or just go with what Windows installs?
Personally, I always manually update to the newest version of drivers/firmware as there could be security updates. If I notice any issues afterward, then I rollback the driver.

Side note: you may also be interested in this tool: Snappy Driver Installer - Install and Update Drivers for Free

I've been using it since it was first developed - very useful if you work on lots of computers.