Clearing alerts without deleting clips

ml2000id

n3wb
Reaction score
This sounds simple enough, but I have been going through the help file and the forums with no luck....
I have a bunch of alerts that I want to delete, it was set off by accident, and it is just cluttering up the alert list. How do I delete them without deleting the actual clips associated?

I can do it in the mobile app with ease (alerts -> clear all). But can't seem to find a way to do it on the desktop. Help this fool please? Thanks

mcx

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
By selecting "Alerts" you can delete only alerts.

c.png

ml2000id

n3wb
Reaction score
When I select alerts in clips, and right click an item -> delete -> recycle, it says "Are you sure that you want to move this CLIP to the recycle bin?"
And at that point I get scared that I'll delete the clip itself, not just the alert (wussy, I know)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When I select alerts in clips, and right click an item -> delete -> recycle, it says "Are you sure that you want to move this CLIP to the recycle bin?"
And at that point I get scared that I'll delete the clip itself, not just the alert (wussy, I know)
It should not delete the clip..you can test this easily enough and simply generate an alert and see for your self...regardless, micro managing alerts like that is really silly and useless. You need to let go of some of the OCD ...

cainrand

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What about just limiting Alerts to a shorter time frame, like 1 day, in the Options/Clips & Archiving settings...

ml2000id

n3wb
Reaction score
It should not delete the clip..you can test this easily enough and simply generate an alert and see for your self...regardless, micro managing alerts like that is really silly and useless. You need to let go of some of the OCD ...
I guess there is no harm in letting the alerts be, thanks for the help everyone!

just some dude

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I too am having clip issues, possibly self inflicted as I'm new to this. I have noticed large gaps in the clip viewer that show no recordings however there are triggers in the clip list that occurred while it appears there was no recording going on. So far, all events record to the local / fast SSD. I am a bit unclear about the compact/repair database feature also, that option was off when these issues occurred. Hopefully the screen shots will help to understand my issues. (PS, I am using old "toy IP cameras" until my Starlights arrive).
Blue Iris grab 4.jpg Blue Iris grab 3.jpg Blue Iris grab 2.jpg Blue iris grab.jpg Blue iris grab.jpg Blue Iris grab 2.jpg Blue Iris grab 3.jpg

just some dude

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sorry, here are the record settings for the camera in question. On a positive note, two of four Starlights arrived today!

Attachments