Client will use VPN to access (VPN server Open VPN)

llarsx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks again, catcamstar.

I shall come back, possibly in the end of the month. And I can add that just now I received an answer from snbforums regarding data use/traffic Analyzer where it says that the solution is ready in wrt merlin, but not in asus. So it seems one can not use all in wrt merlin as it looks.

Bye for now,
llarsx

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The VPN works perfectly on an Asus router when using parental controls. The forum members use the parental controls to block there cameras for accessing the Internet with an Asus router.

llarsx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Interesting, SouthernYankee.

I certainly will test it. But I must add, during the last week there have been no sign of internet outbound from the camera in the local Qos weblog. It is however from the IVMS-4200 and IVMS-4500 I find strange web-addresses. Norton also warn me about them.

Blocking my computer, ipad or mobil from internet seems no good.

llarsx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On the camera location and have upgraded the firmware and begin wondering, must I create a new client1.ovpn to get VPN work? I ask because it is a little difficult to test the vpn from the vpn server location.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
To test the VPN from the VPN location, use a cell phone with the WIFI turned off. It must go out to the cell network then back in.

I use the client ovpn file that is created by the ASUS router. I do not know why there are different client files for different operating system in the ASUS router. If you make chanes to the openVPN setting in the Asus router , I would create a new client.ovpn

llarsx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, SouthernYankee

Yes, I lost my vpn-connection before I used a new client1.ovpn.