Clip and Archiving... what am I missing?

darrenph1

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I originally had the clips and archiving set to 14 days before moving it to the stored folder. I noticed the other day it wasn't keeping more than 3 days at a time. I bumped it up to 21 days a few days ago and no change. What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

hltljohn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You have the limit set at 21 days, OR 20GB. You more than likely exceeded the 20GB which will activate the move. You need to allocate more drive space. Since it only lasted 3 days I would expect 140GB would allow 21 days of storage before moving to stored.

darrenph1

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You have the limit set at 21 days, OR 20GB. You more than likely exceeded the 20GB which will activate the move. You need to allocate more drive space. Since it only lasted 3 days I would expect 140GB would allow 21 days of storage before moving to stored.
I'll try that. Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll try that. Thanks!
There is really no point in using a day limit...your limitations should all be based on available space...
You dont even need a separate storage folder if you are recording to a single drive..

darrenph1

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There is really no point in using a day limit...your limitations should all be based on available space...
You dont even need a separate storage folder if you are recording to a single drive..
Yes I have a dedicated purple drive for the footage. So uncheck the limit age and bump up the size like this?

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I have a dedicated purple drive for the footage. So uncheck the limit age and bump up the size like this?
yes, remember that you need to leave a few gig free space..make sure you are not over allocating, how large is your drive?