Clip Archive not showing up on calendar

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
My clip archive has clips back to last September. However, when I check the calendar I don't see any red dots in September that represents a date where clips are available. How do I update this so all of my Archived clips are available? I ran the Repair/Regenerate and that process didn't scan my Archive folder. Thanks!

Last edited:

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I believe that the red dot on the calendar has to do with alerts. You can change the amount of days for alerts on the Blue Iris settings clips and archives, the alerts folder selection, set the days to limit it.

mickiete

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am having the same problem, no clips showing. I ha tried rebuild and repair, on repair I get "error encounted 00000070"Error.PNG

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mickiete
1) delete the database folder in windows or just rename it to something else
2) restart BI.

are the cameras not hidden ?

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Can you narrow down the cutoff date to clips that are in specific folders?
New Folder and Archive Folder latest to oldest sort shown in screen shots

Attachments

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I believe that the red dot on the calendar has to do with alerts. You can change the amount of days for alerts on the Blue Iris settings clips and archives, the alerts folder selection, set the days to limit it.
With my Archive Folder going back to September, shouldn't I be able to go back to September using the calendar to watch archived clips.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I record continuously, so the alerts are not separate files. My actually alerts folder is empty.

Are you using the standard BI file folder names ?
What is the archive folder , is that the stored folder ? Is the stored folder on a internal drive or is it on a network drive.
Why is the Nov 26 file in the new folder.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I record continuously, so the alerts are not separate files. My actually alerts folder is empty.

Are you using the standard BI file folder names ?
What is the archive folder , is that the stored folder ? Is the stored folder on a internal drive or is it on a network drive.
Why is the Nov 26 file in the new folder.
Yes, standard BI file/folder names. The Archive folder is on a NAS on my LAN. I don't use the Stored folder, it's set to 0. There are actually 3 old clips in my New folder. No idea why they are there, I've run DB maintenance, repair etc. and they just stay there.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I delete old floating files, I do not have deltailed knowledge on the actual logic of delete (or moving) old files. The floating files i believe are cause by system crash

side question: How do you move from the new folder to the archive folder.

Please provide a screen shots. full frame (use windows 10 snip & sketch tool)
1) Blue iris status clip storage
2) blue Iris status cameras
3) Blue iris settings clips and archiving tab , for the NEW folder, your archive folder, alerts folder. (three screen shots)

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I delete old floating files, I do not have deltailed knowledge on the actual logic of delete (or moving) old files. The floating files i believe are cause by system crash

side question: How do you move from the new folder to the archive folder.

Please provide a screen shots. full frame (use windows 10 snip & sketch tool)
1) Blue iris status clip storage
2) blue Iris status cameras
3) Blue iris settings clips and archiving tab , for the NEW folder, your archive folder, alerts folder. (three screen shots)

Attachments

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I do not see anything wrong with your settings. I assume that you are recording only triggers, not continuously. I do not have knowledge of how triggers are stored ?

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Anyone else have any thoughts on why my Archive clips are not showing up on the Calendar. Like I said, when I manually run DB Maintenance, it doesn't "see" and "count" the Archive folder for some reason.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Your screenshots of the Archive folder don't show anything older than January 21st and the next one after that is February 5th. Why do you say there are clips from September?

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Your screenshots of the Archive folder don't show anything older than January 21st and the next one after that is February 5th. Why do you say there are clips from September?
I don't know why I said that! When I looked earlier, I thought I saw clips with September dates. So it appears my Archive clips ARE showing in the Calendar. :facepalm: