Clip: Write Error 8000003a

Reaction score
I'm trying to configure my BI to write clips to both local storage and a NAS folder. I've created clone cams and hidden them, and told them to record to the Aux 1 folder. In the Aux 1 folder (in Clips and Archiving), I've pointed it to a NAS folder by browsing to \\HOMENAS\Blue_Iris_Clips. I immediately started getting this Write Error and nothing was writing to the folder. As a test, I created a temp folder on my local disk and it writes there fine. I tried mapping the network drive, but BI will only let you browse physical drives by letter. I can't find a description of this particular error message anywhere.

Update - in order to get around the lack of mapped drive letters while browsing for a storage location, I selected a local drive, and then just edited the path to point to my mapped drive/folder. BI still won't write to it, but the error code changed to 80000003. Note that the first error code had five zero's and the last code has six.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
See the help file discussion on writing to Nas

Reaction score
I searched the help file within BI, but it didn't shed any light on the issue. Might you elaborate a bit, or point me to the relevant section of the help file?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
"These folders do not need to be located on the same hard drive or PC as the database. Note however, that if you are running Blue Iris as a service, you may not be able to use the "LocalSystem" account if your Stored clips folder is located on a network drive; instead, you must use a named user account, and give that account rights to the network resource."

Reaction score
Yes, I am. So, if I understand, there is no way to run as a service and still have a real time copy of the clips outside of the BI box. I suppose I could set up my NAS to do real time remote sync, so each time a clip is stored, it would be sync'd to the NAS.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I am. So, if I understand, there is no way to run as a service and still have a real time copy of the clips outside of the BI box. I suppose I could set up my NAS to do real time remote sync, so each time a clip is stored, it would be sync'd to the NAS.
There is, just follow the instructions above, there are also several threads discussing how to do this.