Clip Write Error 80005aa, undefined

best0186

n3wb
Reaction score
I am having problems with getting "Clip: write error 800005aa, undefined". These errors seem to coincide with my PC shutting down on me. I have a good PC setup for this, so I am not sure what Is set up wrong. I am hoping someone can help me resolve this issue.

Blue Iris 5

I am also using the system remotely via the BI mobile App.

Currently running 4 Dahua Starlight Cameras, these are recording continuously onto an 8 TB purple drive. (New, Stored, and Clips are all stored to this drive)

PC Specs:
Intel Core I5 7400 (3.00 GHZ)
8 GB DDR4 Ram
1 TB HD: Running OS off of
8TB Purple Drive (saving New, Stored, and Clips )
Intel HD Graphics 630

Thanks.

Last edited:

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1) What version of BI are you running?
2) In BI screen shot of the status, clip storage ?
3) in BI screen shot of the system settings for the NEW STORED, ALERTS settings in the clips and archiving tab. Three screen shots.

best0186

n3wb
Reaction score
1) What version of BI are you running?
2) In BI screen shot of the status, clip storage ?
3) in BI screen shot of the system settings for the NEW STORED, ALERTS settings in the clips and archiving tab. Three screen shots.
Here are the screenshots you requested. Appreciate any help you might be able to provide. Status - Clip Storage.pngSystem Settings - New.pngSystem Settings - Stored.pngSystem Settings - Alerts.png

best0186

n3wb
Reaction score
I edited my post above, I am running BI 5.

Additionally, it seems that when BI locks up, the only thing you can do is a hard restart on the computer. The RAM usage shoot up to capacity. I have 8 G of Ram and upgraded to 16, doesn't seem to matter how much I have, it just ends up using it all, then locks up.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your disk space looks good.
1) If you have hardware acceleration turned on, turn it off, for now.
2)Just to verify , the D dive is internal, not a USB or network drive
3)Is there any information in the BI log.
4)is there any information in the Windows event log.

This has nothing to do with your problem, but it is recommended that if the NEW and STORED folders are on the same drive, do not use the stored folder, set the New folder to about 90% for the total available space, set new to delete. Set stored to zero space.
It is also recommend to not use clip age, just use space to manage clip storage.