Clips and Archiving. Help

Kurtis500

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, done a lot of reading and testing and I'm not getting it. I have a 500gb hd on the computer and a 3TB external USB drive and 7 cameras. How do I save the videos and move them to the 3TB to store for the longest time? Ive flipped things around and changed locations, GB size and etc, read the manual and I'm not getting it. Any help, (not insults please) would be appreciated. Please look and tell me what needs changing if you can. Thanks

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, done a lot of reading and testing and I'm not getting it. I have a 500gb hd on the computer and a 3TB external USB drive and 7 cameras. How do I save the videos and move them to the 3TB to store for the longest time? Ive flipped things around and changed locations, GB size and etc, read the manual and I'm not getting it. Any help, (not insults please) would be appreciated. Please look and tell me what needs changing if you can. Thanks
in those images both your new and stored folder are on the same drive...you have it moving from new to aux1 instead of stored...
setup a new folder on the 500gb drive and point the new folder to that location...the set it to move to the stored folder...
watch the clips and archiving tutorial here Blue Iris Video Tutorials

Kurtis500

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
in those images both your new and stored folder are on the same drive...you have it moving from new to aux1 instead of stored...
setup a new folder on the 500gb drive and point the new folder to that location...the set it to move to the stored folder...
watch the clips and archiving tutorial here Blue Iris Video Tutorials
Yes. I had tried a few options to get the stored clips to save but with no luck. I attached the settings I had earlier. Originally I didn't use Aux1 but under "Saved" I had a folder named Saved on the E: drive. Everytime I looked at the C and E drive storage the E drive never seemed to store anything. I would look in the E: drive for and Blue Iris files and none were found. My C: drive seemed to fill up but never move the files over to the E: drive. If you see anything in the setup please let me know. I really don't understand the relation to the database location so maybe Ive missed it there?? On the E: drive there is a folder E:Saved (I unchecked the save 7 days on pic 2)

I guess another question would be is there a way to adjust how much is saved on the C: before moving to E:? I thought I did that by limiting the New to 50gb then setting it higher at 300gb on the E:. Maybe theres a problem with a 30gb setting on the C: and changing E: to 300gb? Preferably I would like the clips to save on the E: to a maximum size then delete the oldest first. Somehow Ive misunderstood something in the settings instructions and its flawed my entire approach to how these are saved, stored and deleted.

Ill watch the tutorials again to try and find what I'm missing

Attachments

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. I had tried a few options to get the stored clips to save but with no luck. I attached the settings I had earlier. Originally I didn't use Aux1 but under "Saved" I had a folder named Saved on the E: drive. Everytime I looked at the C and E drive storage the E drive never seemed to store anything. I would look in the E: drive for and Blue Iris files and none were found. My C: drive seemed to fill up but never move the files over to the E: drive. If you see anything in the setup please let me know. I really don't understand the relation to the database location so maybe Ive missed it there?? On the E: drive there is a folder E:Saved (I unchecked the save 7 days on pic 2)

I guess another question would be is there a way to adjust how much is saved on the C: before moving to E:? I thought I did that by limiting the New to 50gb then setting it higher at 300gb on the E:. Maybe theres a problem with a 30gb setting on the C: and changing E: to 300gb? Preferably I would like the clips to save on the E: to a maximum size then delete the oldest first. Somehow Ive misunderstood something in the settings instructions and its flawed my entire approach to how these are saved, stored and deleted.

Ill watch the tutorials again to try and find what I'm missing
leave the database location as is...
the way you have it set now would wrote to C\blueiris\new for 50gb and then move to e:\stored for 300gb...
determine how much free space you have on the 3tb drive and set the stored folder to a bit less...