Clips and archiving (Issue)

Sabot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good morning,

I have been having issues with Bi filling up my 2 TB drive and then then stopping the recording.

1. What am I doing wrong in the settings?
2. Is there a way to send out an email alert when the storage drive is full?

Many thanks and have a Blessed day!
Michael

Attachments

Sabot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Forgot to mention... I tried to setup the email server and never had any luck. I received the following errors using my Gmail:

Proceeding
Connected
Error with sending HELO/EHLO;Server says: 501-5.5.4 HELO/EHLO argument "Blue%20Iris" invalid, closing connection.
501 5.5.4 HELO/EHLO email error - Gmail Help n6-v6sm4491875oib.27 - gsmtp

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Any suggestions?
first there is no point in limiting by day, its should be limited by size only. Second, what is the drive size, is there anything else on the drive besides blue iris video? it is a local drive or nas?

Sabot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Excellent, changed it to limit by size only. It's a local 2TB WD Red. It's only the home of the BI storage (New/Backup/Alerts/Saved), no programs are on the drive.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Excellent, changed it to limit by size only. It's a local 2TB WD Red. It's only the home of the BI storage (New/Backup/Alerts/Saved), no programs are on the drive.
it should not stop recording. you can increase the size of the new folder to say 1700gb since you are deleting after its full. Ensure there are no files left in the stored or any other folder. post an image of blue iris status > clip storage

Sabot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you!
Any suggestions on the email server settings?