Clips not populating "Clips" pane.

Eddie Current

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My setup uses a small SSD drive for my OS (7 pro 64bit)and Apps (few Apps as its a BI dedicated box) and a larger SSD for recording and storage (basically all the BI-Files as in Alerts/db/Log/New/Stored). I have tried installing it slit between the two drives, i.e. BI on C:/BI-OS and BI on D:/BI-Files and D:BI-OS and D:/BI-files. without success. I have tried deleting the db and recreating it a few times, anyone have any other suggestions?

Edit: I just restarted the box and the clips showed up, now this has happened before and typically will only work for the day, tomorrows clips will not show up in the clips window.

P.S. Being its a Bi dedicated box, I stripped it of any non-essential Apps.in-order to keep open process to a minimum.

I'm also seeing another problem I never use to get, but will post a separate thread for it.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My setup uses a small SSD drive for my OS (7 pro 64bit)and Apps (few Apps as its a BI dedicated box) and a larger SSD for recording and storage (basically all the BI-Files as in Alerts/db/Log/New/Stored). I have tried installing it slit between the two drives, i.e. BI on C:/BI-OS and BI on D:/BI-Files and D:BI-OS and D:/BI-files. without success. I have tried deleting the db and recreating it a few times, anyone have any other suggestions?

Edit: I just restarted the box and the clips showed up, now this has happened before and typically will only work for the day, tomorrows clips will not show up in the clips window.

P.S. Being its a Bi dedicated box, I stripped it of any non-essential Apps.in-order to keep open process to a minimum.

I'm also seeing another problem I never use to get, but will post a separate thread for it.
The database should be located on the same drive as blue iris software and that should be on the fastest drive, your ssd. If you keep moving the database location without restarting or regenerating you will have these issues

Eddie Current

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman, I do reconfigure each time I make changes. I have BI and DB on my larger SSD (I have 2 SSDs) now again. I'm futzing with camera setting now as I deleted everything and started over.