CodeProject.AI Version 2.0

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looks like you're still using deepstack. This integration only works with CPAI.
I'm running CPAI on 192.168.1.2:5000 on a docker container.

Reaction score
You have the same behaviour I mentioned earlier in this thread.
It seems BI doesn’t recognizes the server completely in this configuration at the moment.

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If that is the case send Blue Iris support the issue you are having with CP.AI on a docker container, he should be able to fix it.
Ahh okay. I might just install it locally on the blue iris server. I was trying to offload some cpu work off my little i5-6500

Reaction score
Setting up CPAI for use with my BI install. BI is run in a VM on Host1 and plan to run CPAI on another machine Host2 on the network (cpai-host-ip : port 32168) with GPU/CUDA enabled on an Nvidia 3060 GPU.
My question is about how to set this up properly ... Configuring the location of AI is clear in the BI setting panel (ip : port 32168) but how are you supposed to deal with the models known to BI when CPAI is remote.... I know the CPAI install will automatically download and populate the models locally on Host2. How will BI on Host1 have any idea of what is installed?

I had read

So: Blue Iris doesn't currently change CodeProject.AI Server's settings, so it doesn't provide you a way to change the custom model folder location from within Blue Iris.

Blue Iris will still use the contents of this folder to determine the calls it makes. If you don't specify a model to use in the Custom Models textbox, then Blue Iris will use all models in the custom models folder that it knows about.
Can someone please provide me the the proper steps/guidance on how to configure the remote CPAI instance properly in BI?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

AlphaBlueIris

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm trying to download the 2.6 but when I click on download, I get the message, ticket: error an error occurred... How do I download the latest one?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@MikeLud1 I finished upgrading CPAI from 1.6.8 to 2.0.6. The upgrade reported success. I tried going to the "Install Modules" tab on the server to install the ALPR module, but when I click on Install the following entries are logged in the log file:
Code:
15:06:00: Performing Install on module ALPR
15:06:00: Preparing to install module 'ALPR'
15:06:00: Downloading module 'ALPR'
15:06:00:  (using cached download for 'ALPR')
15:06:00: Unable to unpack module 'ALPR'
Any suggestions on how I can force it to download the ALPR module rather than try to use the cached copy?

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@MikeLud1 I finished upgrading CPAI from 1.6.8 to 2.0.6. The upgrade reported success. I tried going to the "Install Modules" tab on the server to install the ALPR module, but when I click on Install the following entries are logged in the log file:
Code:
15:06:00: Performing Install on module ALPR
15:06:00: Preparing to install module 'ALPR'
15:06:00: Downloading module 'ALPR'
15:06:00:  (using cached download for 'ALPR')
15:06:00: Unable to unpack module 'ALPR'
Any suggestions on how I can force it to download the ALPR module rather than try to use the cached copy?
Try the below to do a clean install.

Uninstall the CodeProject.AI Server app
Delete the C:\ProgramData\CodeProject\AI directory if it exists
Delete the C:\Priogram Files\CodeProject\AI directory if it exists
Install CodeProject.AI 2.0.6

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Try the below to do a clean install.

Uninstall the CodeProject.AI Server app
Delete the C:\ProgramData\CodeProject\AI directory if it exists
Delete the C:\Priogram Files\CodeProject\AI directory if it exists
Install CodeProject.AI 2.0.6
I was afraid you were going to say that. With my connection speed the install takes ~90 minutes. :p

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was afraid you were going to say that. With my connection speed the install takes ~90 minutes. :p
v
V2.0.6 does not download all the modules like v1.6.8 , only Face Processing, Object Detection (YOLOv5 .NET), and Object Detection (YOLOv5 6.2). Once installed and running you can install any of the below modules.
1674686770725.png

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, but on a 12mb DSL connection it still takes 2.0.6 an hour and a half to download and install. Watching >2GB of pytorch come down at 1.2MB/sec is sort of like watching paint dry.
Sure wish there was an offline installer available.
In 6 months I shouldn't care as I ought to have 1Gb service. There are 2 competing ISPs claiming they'll have fiber to the home at my location in the next 3-6 months.

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, but on a 12mb DSL connection it still takes 2.0.6 an hour and a half to download and install. Watching >2GB of pytorch come down at 1.2MB/sec is sort of like watching paint dry.
Sure wish there was an offline installer available.
In 6 months I shouldn't care as I ought to have 1Gb service. There are 2 competing ISPs claiming they'll have fiber to the home at my location in the next 3-6 months.
I have the same problem - a long copper overhead line. Openreach intended to upgrade it to fibre over 18 months ago for free but when they hit their 80% target in Congleton they moved on. Now it’s 2025. Are the ISP’s offering to install fibre for you for a price? If so, what is the price? Starlink would be too expensive for me.

JL-F1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does BI 5.6.9.2 fix the running as service issue?