CodeProject.AI Version 2.0

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok...if I do that do I need to mess with the files in C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\AnalysisLayer\ObjectDetectionYolo\custom-models at all? Previously if I remember correctly I had to add the yolov5l.pt file here and then specify that custom model in each of my camera's AI trigger settings box...but post upgrade that yolov5l.pt file is no longer present in C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\AnalysisLayer\ObjectDetectionYolo\custom-models.
No need to mess with the files in C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\AnalysisLayer\ObjectDetectionYolo\custom-models at all

ohlin5

n3wb
Reaction score
No need to mess with the files in C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\AnalysisLayer\ObjectDetectionYolo\custom-models at all
Ok thank you. And I'll still need to put "yolov5l" in the custom models field of each camera's trigger > AI, correct?

sp3ctre

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just had a capture where it only captured half the plate (rest was off-cam). When I looked at the clip the +500 image clearly captured the whole plate. Not sure how the system works or what I'm doing wrong, but how do I get it to use the best image, as the whole plate has obviously been captured, it's just not using it.

BLUEIRISSVR 2023-01-27 15-32-12.jpg

BLUEIRISSVR 2023-01-27 15-32-41.jpg

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just had a capture where it only captured half the plate (rest was off-cam). When I looked at the clip the +500 image clearly captured the whole plate. Not sure how the system works or what I'm doing wrong, but how do I get it to use the best image, as the whole plate has obviously been captured, it's just not using it.

View attachment 152119

View attachment 152120
If you are only using this camera for ALPR you do not need objects, use the below settings. Also I emailed BI to make some changes that will help this.

1674834839647.png

sp3ctre

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, but does that help with the issue I was having with it not picking the correct plate? Also, what is the rationale behind having "begin analysis with motion-leading image"? The help screen suggests to turn this off.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, but does that help with the issue I was having with it not picking the correct plate? Also, what is the rationale behind having "begin analysis with motion-leading image"? The help screen suggests to turn this off.
It may, the changes that I emailed BI will. Post a screen shot with all the items expanded, like below.

1674835415217.png

sp3ctre

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here you go... (different vehicle btw)

BLUEIRISSVR 2023-01-27 16-05-24.jpg

Reaction score
I just upgraded to latest version of Blue Iris this morning, now all clips show nothing found and the custom models tab is blank again. I am using the Net object detection with only ipcam-combined ONNX file in the correct path folder. Please advise?

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just upgraded to latest version of Blue Iris this morning, now all clips show nothing found and the custom models tab is blank again. I am using the Net object detection with only ipcam-combined ONNX file in the correct path folder. Please advise?
Try a reboot and if that doesn't work you can roll back to 5.6.9.2 and email support. I've sent an email to support and Ken told me that nobody else has reported this.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Pretty sure I did a reboot but to no avail. I will try rebooting once more and report my findings

Reaction score
Just confirmed that a reboot does not resolve the issue. It appears V. 5.6.9.3 behaves like V. 5.9.6.1. and V. 5.9.6.2 resolved it. I can actually get things to work with v. 5.9.6.3 but I have to play around with stopping and starting the services. I basically stop Codeproject service first, then attempt to close Blue Iris but it times out before actually stopping. Once it times out, I manually restart it again and Blue iris starts Codeproject service automatically because that's how I have it set up to do. Once this process completes, I can see the ipcam-combined again in custom-models and it starts to actually detect properly. If i reboot though, everything stops again until I manually do the service thing again. Quite buggy it seems. I will probably try downgrading to V. 5.9.6.2 again.

rdxny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just confirmed that a reboot does not resolve the issue. It appears V. 5.6.9.3 behaves like V. 5.9.6.1. and V. 5.9.6.2 resolved it. I can actually get things to work with v. 5.9.6.3 but I have to play around with stopping and starting the services. I basically stop Codeproject service first, then attempt to close Blue Iris but it times out before actually stopping. Once it times out, I manually restart it again and Blue iris starts Codeproject service automatically because that's how I have it set up to do. Once this process completes, I can see the ipcam-combined again in custom-models and it starts to actually detect properly. If i reboot though, everything stops again until I manually do the service thing again. Quite buggy it seems. I will probably try downgrading to V. 5.9.6.2 again.
I am seeing similar behavior. 5.6.9.2 seemed ok, and 5.6.9.3 brought back the wonky custom folder display in service mode, and the need to reboot a few times to get everything going again.

BTRKY

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've been following this thread for an issue I have since upgrading. Some alerts have "person, car, etc.", but others show "AI Error 200." I have been unable to find any information on this error. Anyone else?

rdxny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried BI 5.6.9.4 Still shows a blank in the Custom Folders list in the general settings after the update, but "Restart AI" (Stop and Start) on that tab does get the models to show up there.
All else is working fine for me.