CodeProject.AI Version 2.0

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@MikeLud1 Does Windows mean also Windows Server? I want to rid myself of all the WIndows 10 crap and going to Windows Server 2016, will CP.AI work?

1683318637311.png

Have a friend running Blue Iris on Windows Server 2016 and he says it runs smooth...I like smooth :)

Craig G

n3wb
Reaction score
Installed 2.1.8 and it's installing face processing by default which I guess is it's thing to do as that happened on 2.1.6 (I think 2.16 was from BI GUI actually - when you choose download CPIA within BI)

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@David L Yes backup what you have described then what I did was export the setting for each camera by clicking on the following below then on the new system when setting up the camera I just added the new cameras back and pointed it the the export file (there is an option to import from file) for each camera. To be honest I didn't use my overall back file just the each individual camera export files

1683318915933.png

Attachments

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Installed 2.1.8 and it's installing face processing by default which I guess is it's thing to do as that happened on 2.1.6 (I think 2.16 was from BI GUI actually - when you choose download CPIA within BI)
It will do face by default then you can select the others if they don't auto install from modules

Craig G

n3wb
Reaction score
Something new is happening. I'll report back soon but Face detection has CUDA (but I don't want face detection :)
It's a good omen. Need more chickens

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@David L Yes backup what you have described then what I did was export the setting for each camera by clicking on the following below then on the new system when setting up the camera I just added the new cameras back and pointed it the the export file (there is an option to import from file) for each camera. To be honest I didn't use my overall back file just the each individual camera export files

View attachment 162001
Kewl, thanks. So assuming the reg file is the BI settings minus the camera settings, then you had to resetup all the BI settings?

1683319233136.png

I run the Web Server, have individual Users to get to Web Server, what about Storage settings which I have separate folders for each camera.

I will probably be importing the reg file, that is if it has these settings and not just Registration info.

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes in that case you with need the main export file, for me I just want a clean install of everything hence not using the main export file. But this was on my test box so it didn't matter as only a few users on there and I know the webserver settings off the top of my head

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Something new is happening. I'll report back soon but Face detection has CUDA (but I don't want face detection :)
It's a good omen. Need more chickens
Seem to remember going to .NET my GPU did not kick in right away. Thinking I rebooted ,again :), and checked later and there it was :)

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes in that case you with need the main export file, for me I just want a clean install of everything hence not using the main export file. But this was on my test box so it didn't matter as only a few users on there and I know the webserver settings off the top of my head
Thanks. If I had two machines this would go easier, what I am doing is removing the SSD that have WIn10 and BI on and installing a new one and installing Windows Server on it with BI. I also need to check if I need to Deactivate the License in BI since it will be residing on a new O/S, well NOS.

Maybe not since I have Registered my IP.

1683319844964.png

Thanks for your help

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes you need to deactivate before wiping or you will not be able to active your key on the new build

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes you need to deactivate before wiping or you will not be able to active your key on the new build
Thanks. So I am just removing the SSD not wiping it, but if BI marries to the O/S then I need to Deactivate...

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If the drive is just going into another box and it will work from boot then no deactivation needed, if you are reinstall BI on the new box and using your current key then it will need to be deactivated first. Or just run it in demo mode for 15 days

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If the drive is just going into another box and it will work from boot then no deactivation needed, if you are reinstall BI on the new box and using your current key then it will need to be deactivated first. Or just run it in demo mode for 15 days
Sorry for all my confusion.

So what I am doing is removing the current SSD (O/S) drive which has WIN10 and BI on it and replacing it with a new SSD (NOS) and installing Windows Server 2016 and BI. My other drives will remain in the PC since they have the camera footage on them. SO nothing is changing on the PC except SSDs (O/S to NOS) Hopefully I can resync the databases in BI for those folders/cameras...

This way I could always resort back to my old setup if needed...

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In that case you will need to deactivate, reinstall bi on the new drive, activate it, import the saved reg backup and point your storage locations to what will be your original drive where bi data locations reside. Then I guess I run database maintenance just to sync/ repair the db.

Example - in bi settings (storage) point alerts, new and storage from what will be the default locations on the c drive on the new install to d: and the folders these reside

Example - c:\Blueiris\db\alerts will now be d:\blueiris\db\alerts

Note depending on your setup your old drive may not be d: but guessing it will be as you only mentioned two drives

Craig G

n3wb
Reaction score
CUDA appears to be working in some respect now.

YOLOv5.NET does not work consistently, it goes green then soon goes into 'Lost Contact' then back to Green
It whinges about actionnetv2.onnx being missing - which it is, looking in the folders

I thought I was winning but after a reboot, both YOLOv5.NET and YOLOv5 6.2 have gone back to CPU (5.6.2 was disabled but showed CPU in the grey bar)

After disabling YOLOv5.NET and enabling YOLOv5 6.2, both were on CPU but after waiting some arbitrary amount of time, 5.6.2 is now showing CUDA.

22:58:41:Object Detection (YOLOv5 6.2): Queue request for Object Detection (YOLOv5 6.2) command 'custom' (...bdd8a0) took 78ms
22:58:41:Object Detection (YOLOv5 6.2): Queue request for Object Detection (YOLOv5 6.2) command 'custom' (...f8525c) took 83ms
22:58:41:Object Detection (YOLOv5 6.2): Detecting using ipcam-combined

Getting some sub 50ms detections so a huge improvement.

Craig G

n3wb
Reaction score
TLDR:
Uninstall CPAI.
Remove both folders as suggested by @David L
"Delete both CodeProject folders in:
Program Files
ProgramData "

Install CUDA 11.7 and run 11.7 cuDNN

Install CPAI 2.1.8 Beta

Run YOLOv5 6.2