CodeProject.AI Version 2.0

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@David L Detection times in CP.AI explorer testing lines up with server logs. So bad as well.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
To All,

The ALPR module does no work with CUDA 12.x.x, it only works with CUDA 11.x.x.
So if you are using the ALPR module with GPU CUDA the only latest version of CUDA that the module will work with is CUDA 11.8.0

Lockwood

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Quick question regarding CodeProject AI. Looking to finally get away from Deepstack and implement CodeProject AI. The instructions state to use graphics driver version 516.94 or below as I will be using CUDA 11.7. Can anyone tell me if this is necessary? Can I use the most updated video driver? I'm using a Nvidia GTX1060 3gb card.

Thanks,
Chris

Amgclk65

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hey ,
did version 2.1.8 get pulled ? Only showing 2.1.6 for me.

Amgclk65

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dowloaded and installed, No luck in getting it working. Same results as all 2.1.6. 2.0.8 was perfect. When I use Ai explorer it comes back with no predictions returned.
Here's my log file and maybe someone can find my issue. I also un installed 2.0.8 first and deleted the two remaining folders. Rebooted and installed 2.1.8.

Attachments

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Quick question regarding CodeProject AI. Looking to finally get away from Deepstack and implement CodeProject AI. The instructions state to use graphics driver version 516.94 or below as I will be using CUDA 11.7. Can anyone tell me if this is necessary? Can I use the most updated video driver? I'm using a Nvidia GTX1060 3gb card.

Thanks,
Chris
Was Deepstack working for you?

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here's my log file and maybe someone can find my issue.
Looking through your log file it appears AI detections are being processed through YOLOv5 6.2 using the ipcam-combined model. If you could post some screenshots of the modules you're using in CP and how you have your camera setup it might help determine what's going on.

Last edited:

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dowloaded and installed, No luck in getting it working. Same results as all 2.1.6. 2.0.8 was perfect. When I use Ai explorer it comes back with no predictions returned.
Here's my log file and maybe someone can find my issue. I also un installed 2.0.8 first and deleted the two remaining folders. Rebooted and installed 2.1.8.
Try disabling Half Precision

1683504415713.png

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well when I get my Win Server installed and BI running on it, I will try .NET. I have noticed faster times myself since I switched to .NET running 2.0.8-Beta still. Will be installing 2.1.8 on the new setup.

Lockwood

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Was Deepstack working for you?
Yes, Deepstack is currently working, but with it being deprecated in BI and the "new" kid on the block, I thought I would try it. The only thing with Deepstack is that it gets the object wrong a lot. It always sees deer as dogs or cats, etc. Not really an issue as all I care is that something was detected. Just trying to figure out if I need to use the version of the graphics driver that is suggested.

Chris

mephisto_uk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How are you guys getting on with face detection? I'm testing getting BI to save unknown faces, and then tried to train CP to learn from those mugshots, but so far not a single BI picture has worked in CP, it says face not detected, when my fat face is clearly in there. I'm ugly, but not recognising me as human is a bit rude from CP.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Does face detection even work for CPAI?

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, Deepstack is currently working, but with it being deprecated in BI and the "new" kid on the block, I thought I would try it. The only thing with Deepstack is that it gets the object wrong a lot. It always sees deer as dogs or cats, etc. Not really an issue as all I care is that something was detected. Just trying to figure out if I need to use the version of the graphics driver that is suggested.

Chris
I loved Deepstack. My cameras only triggers if there were car or person. That’s it. But one day DS was gone and CPAI was there. It’s probably me not knowing how to get CPAI working properly. And anlso updating with unstable BI. Well, let’s just say, i’v been pulling my hair out since.

slidermike

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As I like to know things, what does this do? An why did it fix it?
Google is your friend.

HalfPrecision​
Module dependant, but for modules that use CUDA this specifies whether half-precision operations should be used. Valid only for cards with CUDA compute capability >= 6.0​

&
If you want a deeper dive into half precision (its math stuff)